Ugly Denial Letter

Rate this question

gp747

Question

you are already sick wanting to die but dont know how,

broke, live in a rundown shack,scared about the future,

and your last hope to live a somewhat better life and

be able to get the medical care you need is denied. but

it is not enough for them to just deny you .

they have to add what a bum they think you are in their

subtle,but not so subtle way. and how you brought this on

yourself

and how dare you even think you deserve this.to hell with the

medical evidence for 38 years we got who can sum it up in 30 minutes

and that is what we are going by.

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

skunk,

I came across a form from a decision maker that was

a request for a certain compensation & pension examination.

On the form the decision maker states that the

disability in question may have some psychogenic factors.

Made me just want to kick someone's azz.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Skunk- can you tell us exactly how the VA worded the denial?

Many here know exactly how you feel-

I got one once that threw me into a deep crevice of despair-10 years ago-

I have had to read it many times since then - as it became good evidence for my recent claim as many past denial statements in prior SOCs did -as well-

it still gives me shivers-but I have contacted the VA doctor who prepared it and he agrees totally with my present claim.He had only been given a partial C file and none of my medical evidence when the VA asked him twice to opine on an older claim I had.I have no anger at all towards him today-and he agreed I had totally knocked his opinions down with the evidence he never had.

I was only in that crevice of despair for about an hour- and immediately planned an avenue of attack.And won that claim.

I would not allow the VA to depress me and they sure would not make me want to give up.

We need to know how they worded the denial and -you get SSI I think? did they consider your SSI records?

after many denials and i have a stack of them i won the 30% bi-polar . i have been trying to get a copy of my c-files to see if they considered ssi . i know in one of bva

remands they ordered them to get my social security records.i am going to try to scan copy and paste some of this stuff. i am telling you i had faith in my poa to do

the right thing and aggressively help me on my claim . they did not do anything at all

i mean when i called at the last of it they did not know who i was and i went into shock,and got that sinking feeling about how naive i had been. and to top it all off

my poa has listed as with them dav vfw and some more. which i had revoked earlier.

my poa is" ms state veterans affairs board" , i did not know it worked like that i thought they were independent.

Skunk-I think the problem here might be this-

you get 30% for bi polar-so it is easier to get higher rating for building on the SC bi polar than to get separate PTSD award- the VA will only award one mental disability anyhow but can add depression etc to it as secondary-

Maybe this claim was not clearly stated when filed-

It seems to me that (most of the negative stuff they said is just VAola crap-and you arent the first vet who got a SOC like that.)

you certainly should be rated higher for the Bi Polar-

And Larry is correct:

"And, if alcohol IS a form of self-medication for skunk, then it should be a part of his C&P for a mental health claim. Just as if he wore a brace for an ankle claim.

And, if alcohol IS a part of skunk's illness, then the VA should get ready to start treating him for his illness, and, if he hasn't made this a part of his claim process, then he should!"

I am very confused at this point on your claim they just denied.

What exactly do you get SSI for?

Did the VA mention the SSI records at all?

Have you applied for TDIU?

Sorry if I already asked and you answered-

I have a very good friend-Bi polar SSA since the 1990s.

It took him 12 years to get 100% P & T from the VA for Bi Polar.

He went right from "0" NSC to 100%SC P & T when he finally did what I suggested that he do.I understand the difficulties of bi polar-and believe me the VA tried all they could to make him go away.

You need a vet rep who will go over this all good-

I think the claim was filed wrong-

but still the depression could be claimed as secondary or-better yet- you could file for TDIU- which is often actually simpler for VA to decide than other ratings.

If you get SSI for bi polar and for nothing else-that is evidence for TDIU at the 100% rate.

I thought you were trying to build on the bi polar SC rating with secondary conditions.

I have only seen one single claim where PTSD was considered as a secondary condition-it was a Sec 1151 claim-the vet had claimed that the proven negilgence of VA doctors for a physical disability (he had a Sec 1151 award) had caused him to have PTSD.

It was remanded and I dont know how he made out.

PTSD involves a stressor-

You should not even need to be concerned about a stressor if you can get the bi polar rating higher-

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Skunk-I think the problem here might be this-

you get 30% for bi polar-so it is easier to get higher rating for building on the SC bi polar than to get separate PTSD award- the VA will only award one mental disability anyhow but can add depression etc to it as secondary-

Maybe this claim was not clearly stated when filed-

It seems to me that (most of the negative stuff they said is just VAola crap-and you arent the first vet who got a SOC like that.)

you certainly should be rated higher for the Bi Polar-

And Larry is correct:

"And, if alcohol IS a form of self-medication for skunk, then it should be a part of his C&P for a mental health claim. Just as if he wore a brace for an ankle claim.

And, if alcohol IS a part of skunk's illness, then the VA should get ready to start treating him for his illness, and, if he hasn't made this a part of his claim process, then he should!"

I am very confused at this point on your claim they just denied.

What exactly do you get SSI for?

Did the VA mention the SSI records at all?

Have you applied for TDIU?

Sorry if I already asked and you answered-

I have a very good friend-Bi polar SSA since the 1990s.

It took him 12 years to get 100% P & T from the VA for Bi Polar.

He went right from "0" NSC to 100%SC P & T when he finally did what I suggested that he do.I understand the difficulties of bi polar-and believe me the VA tried all they could to make him go away.

You need a vet rep who will go over this all good-

I think the claim was filed wrong-

but still the depression could be claimed as secondary or-better yet- you could file for TDIU- which is often actually simpler for VA to decide than other ratings.

If you get SSI for bi polar and for nothing else-that is evidence for TDIU at the 100% rate.

I thought you were trying to build on the bi polar SC rating with secondary conditions.

I have only seen one single claim where PTSD was considered as a secondary condition-it was a Sec 1151 claim-the vet had claimed that the proven negilgence of VA doctors for a physical disability (he had a Sec 1151 award) had caused him to have PTSD.

It was remanded and I dont know how he made out.

PTSD involves a stressor-

You should not even need to be concerned about a stressor if you can get the bi polar rating higher-

berta that was from my claim that i filed a nod on, and went to appeals management

and i won at appeals management 30%.i am trying to get more from secondary at this time. i am on ssi and have requeted for my lawyer that i had to get ssi to send me copies of my claim i do know bi-polar was the main thing ,but also i think gerd

is on there. if i can win on gerd as secondary i have got it made.i did not know this post would set off a firestorm. and larry said he did not believe va would say that about my parents , but there it is. also the stuff in there is so exaggerated drugging

for example , i did use some marijuana,but everybody that knows me ,will tell you i did have a drinking problem,but i have been quit since 1996. cold turkey ,no A A nothing and havent thought of it since. i think i am going with the secondary claims

an if i win i will go from there. i just cant find a decent poa.

berta that was from my claim that i filed a nod on, and went to appeals management

and i won at appeals management 30%.i am trying to get more from secondary at this time. i am on ssi and have requeted for my lawyer that i had to get ssi to send me copies of my claim i do know bi-polar was the main thing ,but also i think gerd

is on there. if i can win on gerd as secondary i have got it made.i did not know this post would set off a firestorm. and larry said he did not believe va would say that about my parents , but there it is. also the stuff in there is so exaggerated drugging

for example , i did use some marijuana,but everybody that knows me ,will tell you i did have a drinking problem,but i have been quit since 1996. cold turkey ,no A A nothing and havent thought of it since. i think i am going with the secondary claims

an if i win i will go from there. i just cant find a decent poa.

Skunk, I wish you the very best,you servied you country,you should get every thing you asked for JOHNSON

"if i can win on gerd as secondary i have got it made" or higher rating for the bi polar- but better yet- TDIU paid at 100% comp rate !!!!

Do you have the citation and docket number of the BVA remand?

I commend you highly on all that clean time-

and I know you will not allow the VA to ever interfere with your sobriety.

Sometimes I think they deliberately write crap up like that SOC to hurt veterans.

Those SSI records will surely help you- there is -I assume- an opinion in those records from a real doctor and it could be the key to your claim.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.