VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Berta Tdiu

Rate this question

gp747

Question

berta in my posts i said if i could get sc for gerd as secondary i would have it

made . what i meant was it would help me get tdiu , i am only getting 30% and on ssi

are you saying i can get tdiu with only 30% i thought you had to be around 40, 50%

to get it.i was declared disabled and have a represenative payee for bi-polar ,same thing

i am sc'ed for. i do believe gerd was added to my ssi claim and the ss doc also included ptsd. however va did not take what he said seriously i may post what thay said about him.

Edited by skunk

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
At one time, the VA thought I was bi-polar, I've taken both Depakote and Lithium (NOT at the same time...no, no, no) and believe me, I can understand why anyone would want to be off Lithium....stuff is horrid!!! (just my experience; but I've talked to many others who agree).

Then the VA realized I didn't have BP at all....it was the PTSD. duh. PTSD also is often mis-dx as "personality disorder" of one type or another.

just my 1 cent worth.

purple, bi-polar is not a personality disorder, if that is what you are implying.

• HadIt.com Elder
i am going to talk to my doctor why they took me off lithium

could be i live long ways from hosp. and would have difficulty

getting the blood tests you have to get pretty regular . i am also

on a substitute for haldol ,aripiprazole . i know the lithium seemed to help

me more than the depakote. i got to talk to them about this,

skunk, if they took you off your lithium because you live to far from the VA hospital for you to be able to have your lithium levels checked, due to distance, then they need to make arrangement for your lithium levels to be checked locally, somwhere near your home. They can, and should, be able to do this. I know that my wife (an RN) draws my blood and drops it off at a local lab/dr's office and the results are sent to the hospital, no problema. Talk to your Patient Advocate at your VA hospital, explain that IF distance is the problem, then it is THEIR problem, not YOURS, and that THEY need to take care of YOU.

It can be done locally. Trust me.

skunk, if they took you off your lithium because you live to far from the VA hospital for you to be able to have your lithium levels checked, due to distance, then they need to make arrangement for your lithium levels to be checked locally, somwhere near your home. They can, and should, be able to do this. I know that my wife (an RN) draws my blood and drops it off at a local lab/dr's office and the results are sent to the hospital, no problema. Talk to your Patient Advocate at your VA hospital, explain that IF distance is the problem, then it is THEIR problem, not YOURS, and that THEY need to take care of YOU.

It can be done locally. Trust me.

thanks Larry i will definitely check into that sounds good would save me

the agonizing ride to va which is about 80 miles one way.