VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Helping A Friend.

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I helped a friend file an application for a claim about ten days ago, on the VA website. Suprisingly, he just recieved his medical records and claim number saturday. He filed in NY and believe the varo is in NYC. Anyways they had all the things he listed on the application in his medical records, flat feet, irritable bowel syndrome, rashes all over his body, etc.. Aproximately two years ago he had his colon removed, soft tissue sarcoma, I think. I believe definitely AO related. I told him that getting his medical records from the VA like that is suprising and seems to be good news. The only thing he said that puzzled me was a statement in the letter that said "YOU DONT NEED TO SEND ANYMORE INFORMATION, UNTIL WE CONTACT YOU" . I said that stament, sounds misleading and take the letter to DAV rep he is going to use, a friend of his. Also said gather all your records for the colon surgery and any oher evidence and take with you to DAV. When I filed my application for my claim they did not send me my SMR's, maybe the VA is starting to get its act together. I hope this a good sign for his claim.

T&B

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This sounds like he has an inferred issue and they already are aware of it. I have seen so me lightning fast responses. Just today with 2 Vets I am helping. One actully called last week and got his stressor verified within 5 days. They actually verified this other Vet's info.

I think the heat is on and whome it is cooking they will be on t h eball until the heat is turned off. Then it is back to BAU. Business as usual.

Maybe things are looking up.

J

This sounds like he has an inferred issue and they already are aware of it. I have seen so me lightning fast responses. Just today with 2 Vets I am helping. One actully called last week and got his stressor verified within 5 days. They actually verified this other Vet's info.

I think the heat is on and whome it is cooking they will be on t h eball until the heat is turned off. Then it is back to BAU. Business as usual.

Maybe things are looking up.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

You know, I was thinking the same thing maybe the pressure is on. "AS IT SHOULD BE". But we will see. J, hope this is a trend of good things to come. VA, is on the ropes, with this shreddergate fiasco. Ya know LJ, something is amiss. Ya'll know, maybe its time for the 2-million vet march on the capital. I could do the march, if I was in the second row. :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

I sincerely hope that I am sitting here 20 years from now........telling all the OLD OEF/OIF Desert Storm veterans what it was like for us REALLY OLD geezers. You know, telling them about how some of us waited for YEARS for our claims to be acted upon......how it could take MONTHS just to hear back from the VA on something as simple as a request for copies of our C-File, etc.

How that Vets were dying..........really dying, waiting for our FIRST payments.

Yup! I'd be very happy to be telling them how it was in the OLD DAYS, before the VA actually became INTERESTED in the VETS, back when we had to contact our elected representatives just trying to be heard.

Of course, there is one other thing about all this.........I'd REALLY like to be sitting here, 20 years from now!!