Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Records

MikeR

• HadIt.com Elder

Help? I spoke to a helpful individual at the AMC today who I have gotten to know over the years on the 866# and he informed me that they were waiting on records from the JSRC since April 08. That is currently holding me up. They had gotten something from them in the past sometime last year, but it was not what they wanted. I have all these records at home and he said that if I send copies they will not be good enough. They have to come from them. I called the kind folks at the records center and they informed me that the last request from the AMC was Feb 2007, and no other had been recieved.

Should I coordinate the request and delivery? Should I send the AMC items anyway?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to confront someone at AMC and get them off the dime or you will be in the same positin next year and the years after that.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

What is "JSRC"?

If you are going to send your personal hard copies, I would write a cover letter to the AMC, then pay for the services of a Notary Public, and notorize your submission of additional evidence. Then FAX them AND Mail certified signed reciept. Cover all your bases. ~Wings

Edited by Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings, and Pete; I thank you both for the reply. I think I need to do both things you suggested, as what is the worst thing that could happen? They could be shredded :angry: . I was wondering if there was a good contact at the AMC that could give me the low down as the remand is 3 years. Since I had a C&P for PTSD, and was diagnosed with Axis I and Axis IV PTSD and Depression(all severe) GAF 45. I am puzzled that in the remand it was a condition that they verify my stressors prior to affording me a VA Psych exam. So why I even had one if they can't verify stressors is beyond me. Is there a poc at the Joint Services record Center?

• HadIt.com Elder

MikeR.

This very same thing happened to me three times with the AMC and my personnel records.

Of course here I was with three copies. I had sent three copies to the AMC which were all lost or misplaced, or whatever happens to them.

Finally after being there for a year and my claim being held up for the records.

The lady from the AMC told me they had contacted the Archives and my records were lost.

I called the Archives to see if what they said was true.

The Archives said yes they are.

I call back to the Supervisor at the AMC and ask her why my copy is

not good enough, being that I had sent them a complete set three

times.

To my disblief, she said, " You have a copy of your personnel

records". of course, I said, " yes", as I have sent you a copy three

times.

She told me to personnally fax them to her and she would get the o.k

from the BVA to use them.

I took them straight to my Senator and he faxed them for me and they

were logged in.

If you take a copy of what the AMC wants to your Senator or

Congressman to fax for you, they will be logged in that day.

Betty