Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Just Don't Get It!

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Well finally got a rating back on my last claim, the denied everything except for the NP in my hands. Even that was only granted to Feb. 08. I asked for that in an recosideration in April 07.

I have filed an NOD with a DRO review requested.

1. I am asking for a EED of April 07 because that was when I first filed for it.

2. An increase for DB2 and for my heart disease because of limited activities clearly noted in my exam by the QTC CP.

3. Now on the hearing loss I have a moderate to severe in LE and same in the RE. I sent in a statement from my audiologist stating that my hearing loss was consistent with noise truama that occured in service. I am requestiing my audiologist to beef up the statement to "more likely than not" I am hoping to finally get this to be SC and will go in my grave appealing if I have to!!

Any comments or suggestions welcomed, the VA has givin me thirty days to supply them any more support before they start the DRO review!

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ricky,

Met with the new audiologist that replaced the one that wrote my last IMO. He is actually a ex marine and understands pretty good what I am going through. he made copies of all my stuff and your letters, said he was going to give them to the regional director to write a better IMO and expidiate it for me. I have already sent the letter from the VA back and have them moving my claim along after 30 days so I need to get this in by the 18th of this month.

I hope this works this time or I am going on to BVA there is absolutely no reason why this is not SC.

I will post the results and the IMO when I get it.

Stillhere

Still my friend, I wish you the best of luck with this.

Ricky

• HadIt.com Elder
I am rater 0, for hearing...In 1993,I had a vamc-audiology test done,this Is what I received,Dear Mr.....I pulled your file and noticed you had a comp exam of Nov 1993. to ger a copy of that exam you need to contact the reginal office, YOU SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION FROM NEWARK,regarding the exam. If they denied service connection, for you hearing,problems,you can appeal your claim ,If they award you service connected,for hearing,you can come to the va for treatment hearing aids,........I am still rated 0,va denied my claim

Hey buddy, if you have a 10 percent disability from the VA, ( it can be for any condition), you dont have to be service connected for the ears to receive hearing aides.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

yeah that it was the always say. If I can find anything that might help you I will shoot it your way. By the way I was in Danang in69-70

Thanks still here. It seems we are getting the same run around on our hearing loss and tinnitus. I am going to open my claim back up on hearing soon. They snafued me on not being timely enough while In was down sick on the hearing claim. I was waiting for records from the VMC and got caught up in the new 30 day slot.

danang_69

• HadIt.com Elder

You can get hearing aids because you are service-connected for hearing loss. It just hasn't reached a compensable level. Hearing is a pain to get rated. You do not have to be deaf, as I have read several times, to get a rating for hearing loss. You do have to have significant hearing loss and diminished speech recognition scores to get a rating, though. I finally got a 10% rating last year, and finally got tinnitus sc'd after over a decade of trying.

90%, TDIU P&T

va,has stated i n exam,that I posted,here ,exam of 1993,stated If va deny,s your claim you can appeal,I did appeal, I am still rated 0 for hearing,I do get hearings aids,,from va, but I am still rated 0 for hearing.......this was also stated In soc,ssoc hearing Is always rated 0.....but If you are only rated 0, for hearing,......how would you get hearing aids?

Disabledveteran,

A claimant can get a compensable rating for hearing loss, but they almost have to be deaf to get paid for it. The majority of hearing loss claims that are granted SC are granted at zero percent.

In regards to VA providing Hearing Aids - any claimant that has a service connected rating of

ten percent will be provided Hearing Aids and Eyeglasses if needed, by VA at no charge and they do not have to be service connected for a Hearing loss at all to obtain this benefit.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.