VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds By Mail Strikes Again. Meds By Mail Suck

Rate this topic

This is actually pretty scary. I for one desire to go on "holiday" from my meds. But, the moment I go into "Danger Zone." Meaning,,, things start to shut down.

My meds are delivered via the mail. Even my I.V. stuff. Thankfully, I've not had problem with delivery. My problem's have been with meds sent that were the wrong dose. I actually had to make a special weekend trip to the VA pharmacist to have a "pow-wow." :rolleyes:

So,,, hang in there. It just amazes me. Some people, especially the ones who take medication, don't understand that those meds are intended for someone for a special reason.

Grrrrr,,, if only I had a magic wand,,, :P

---smile---

Tayo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone snowbirded and messed up the drug mail out by temporarily changing addresses? And then VA tries to tell you there is no such thing as a temporary address even for snowbirds! We should all get together and write a book. And then the VA breaks it's arm patting itself on it's back about how great the system is. Someone throw them a plaster cast!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Today my apralozam or xanax arrived a week early. That is good I guess. I have not gotten my hydrocodone so I called the pharmacy. Only took a 15 minute wait another improvement.

Now the bad news according to the pharmacy it was sent out on Feb 2 and had been checked into Dallas Post Office today Feb 12th. I still don't have it. If I get it tomorrow than it will be a 11 day transport.

I also ran out of my expensive Blood Pressure Medication. Its always going to be a hassle isn't it. What happens to me when I can't take care of me?

It just seems that this shoud be easier and it never is.

• HadIt.com Elder
Today my apralozam or xanax arrived a week early. That is good I guess. I have not gotten my hydrocodone so I called the pharmacy. Only took a 15 minute wait another improvement.

Now the bad news according to the pharmacy it was sent out on Feb 2 and had been checked into Dallas Post Office today Feb 12th. I still don't have it. If I get it tomorrow than it will be a 11 day transport.

I also ran out of my expensive Blood Pressure Medication. Its always going to be a hassle isn't it. What happens to me when I can't take care of me?

It just seems that this shoud be easier and it never is.

Pete, This is TERRIBLE SERVICE! Something has to be done. The VA Pharmacy should run like clockwork!

I would write the new VA Secretary:

The Honorable Eric K. Shinseki

I don't have his address!! ~Wings