Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get Retro Pay

Rate this topic

hmcquade

Dont feel like the lone ranger of Veterans who have had problems with their Veterans Service Representative. I received a letter from the VFW indicating they were dropping representation in my case because they didnt like my chances of being approved. I am very glad I did not listen to them, as I have been approved, at least partially, no thanks to the VFW. I think they "cherry pick" Veterans who have legs blown off and just dont want to work difficult cases because they can. They made it clear that their purpose is not to serve Veterans, but rather to bolster their own numbers and receive "attaboys". Whenever someone tells you "they are with the government and are here to help you" we Vets had better get the vaseline jar, because where they put that information is gonna hurt.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

DAV HQ is just down the road from me in Cold Spring KY with an office in Cincinnati.

The best contact would be at the regional office level. Hugh, I have a message out to the area commander and I will shoot you a name as he will do the reverse.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Thanks John. As I posted yesterday I sentt some info to the Lawyer in Northville. I have contacted the DAV and the VA but have not heard back from any of them yet. Even the Vet who I spoke with at the VA never emailed me as promised, but I'm sure he is very busy as they all are.

Thanks again you have been a great help.

Hugh

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use