Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chemical Stress Test

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am going next week to the VA to get a chemical stress test over a two day period. My PCP seems to be pretty good. She told me from my other stress test that I probably have a blockage in part of my heart artery. I have no pain or discomfort, but I am not waiting until I do. I am going to a private cardiologist anyway this week. I want to document all this in my VA medical records.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

I know that the tread mill stress test can be stopped. I hope the chemical stress can be stopped if needed. It sounds dangerous to me.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Guest Vietnam Tanker

John, I had the chemical stress test done at Haley a year ago, the tech doing the test told me one thing and then the cardiologist that reviewed it told me another version of the results altogether, the Nurse practitioner who is the head of that department was IMHO a fruitcake, anyway the test is safe and they can control it and/or stop it at any time. I wound up having a tripple by-pass the following week and like you I had no signs or symptoms at all, I still wonder if I really needed that surgery? I was supposed to be in the Hospital for seven to ten day's and they released me after two to go home to recuperate.

• HadIt.com Elder

John,

To be honest with you. I had the stress test you are speaking of.

My doctor was not too pleased when I refused the chemical v the

machine.

I knew that I could stop or jump off the tread mill, but when the shot

goes in, there is no stopping it.

I know I once had a chemical and my heart pounded like horses.

I was so sick and dizzy from the fast pounding of my heart.

I don't want to sway your decision, just give you my experience.

Betty

i've had both types...most recently the chemical type at the VA. i asked the nurse administering the test to stop the test because i was feeling so bad during it (chest pains, dizzy, neck pain, sweating, short of breath, etc)....she refused!! she just said "it's almost over, we need to get this done"....i really thought i was going to die. and there was no doc in the room.

• HadIt.com Elder

Purple.

I didn't want to say anything, but this is exactly what happened to my daugher. No Doctor was in the room with her.

She also thought she was going to die from the chemicals.

Thanks for posting,

Betty