Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New 100-percenter With Qs

Rate this topic

out_here04

Smitty,

You explained it clear as glass! Thank you for that. I was previously denied voc rehab because VRE office said I had to be "stable" for three months and at that time I was not. That was actually part of my C file and contributed to me receiving the 100 percent. I still don't think they should hold that against a vet, but apparently they do, at least in the beginning. Thanks to your advice I'm going to try to make it into voc rehab and hopefully succeed and maybe later on down the line I can transfer the GI Bill or pursue a masters. Right now that seems a daunting task, but all of this did at first. Thanks again.

out_here04

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

) Is my 100 percent award for anxiety alone considered schedular, or is that for "permanent and total" DV's?

It is schedular. However, keep in mind it is based upon a mental issue so work is out of the question if you intend on keeping it at the 100 percent level.

Q) The award letter said I was not permanent, but that since I was awarded 100 percent, the issue of TDIU was "moot." In the VA gobbledy-goop in this policy link it mentions the word "moot" but I'm not sure if that is what they were referring to.

Yes this is what the word "moot" is referring to in your rating. It simply means that since they have already found you to be 100 percent schedular due to anxiety then why bother with your claim for TDIU. TDIU would not provide you any further benefits above and beyond the already given 100 percent rating so there is no need to process your claim for TDIU, therefore, they withdrew it.

Thanks, Ricky. You gotta trust someone with all those stars beside their name, as well as someone who would use a name like "Whoopass Smitty". Thanks to all! ;)

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use