Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Dental- Am Ui

Rate this question

Will

Question

does anyone know if the VA does implants or only false teeth. I was told I need to have teeth removed to reduce infection. I am IU and I know I am covered for dental but will they do false teeth or implants.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

A 2001 VA funded study finds that PTSD patients damage teeth through involuntary grinding, clenching. I'll post more about it over in the PTSD topic forum

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

How would anyone rate the VA false teeth compared with the private sector dentistry people? Is there any other VA qualification other than to have the need for false teeth is the vet is 50% sc?

danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder

Command Bob

I clench and grind my teeth. I have TMJ as well. I sometimes use a nightguard to stop it. For some reason clonazepam makes me clench my teeth.

• In Memoriam

I had head trauma that involved 10 teeth, three that were completely sheared off. The VA Dental in Los Angeles California, and Fayetteville Arkansas, are the best. I have been to several private dentist. I have a four tooth bridge, several porcelain crowns, two large gold molar crowns, and several fillings. The VA dentist have done all the work.

I suspect that the VA Dental is not part of the VAMC, because both of these Dental Clinics, that I have been too, have had the nicest people and best service I could ever imagine.

My original bridge was done by a private dentist and paid for by the government. My teeth are service connected. The VA had to re-do the bridge after about 7 years, as it broke.

I will have a new crown in January. I thought they would just pull the broken tooth. I ask the dentist if I should have dentures. His answer was, not for a few more years. I have never had a gripe about VA Dentist. I guess I have been very lucky.

Command Bob

I clench and grind my teeth. I have TMJ as well. I sometimes use a nightguard to stop it. For some reason clonazepam makes me clench my teeth.

It has been reported to me numerous times that I have ground my teeth in my sleep since leaving the military in 1969. I have never heard this connection. This would have been good evidence long ago in a claim. I was not PTSD sc'd until 2007, only 38 years late.

danang_1969