Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Burden Of Proof...

Rate this question

notime362

Question

:lol: I have filed claims for PTSD and Tinutis on March 3, 2008. I've given them all the documentation they asked for, and even had a C & P exam for Tinutis this past November. I called in December to see the status of my claim. I was advised it was before the Review Board, and should hear from them shortly. I was even getting excited.... Today, I receive a letter from Montgomery stating they need copies of my treatment records from Vero Beach CBOC/West Palm Beach VAMC. My question is aren't all my VA files available to them throught their own computers? Would it help to ask the main office at Birmingham on my visit tomorrow?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What they are saying does not make sense since all records are computerized, unless you have records from long ago that are not in their computer system. You need to go to the local VARO and ask them what the heck is going on since if you get the records yourself they may not accept them. I would go and try and talk to a human being at the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

"I would go and try and talk to a human being at the VA"

and, if you can't find the human being, just talk to one of the regular employees............

:lol: I called Montgomery on the 800# they furnish. I finally get through, and ask the guy what gives what the letter I received. He pulled out the copy from the computer, and tells me they are waiting on reports from Florida. It says I have 30 days to make the necessary info availabe to them. When I questioned him that all the info they need is in my VA files - and they have total access to them, as any other VA Dr. does - He said he knows that, and I don't have to worry about further info. It was a polite way to say the claim is still be worked on. This must be my 5th letter to advise me of this. Just when I think I'm so close.... March 3, 2008 and still waiting to here "yea" or "nay" at least

• HadIt.com Elder
#1 -- Don't believe anything the 800 # tells you.

jmho,

carlie

The staff that answer the 1800# has very little experience and no real access to information. Its a waste time in most cases.

:lol: I have filed claims for PTSD and Tinutis on March 3, 2008. I've given them all the documentation they asked for, and even had a C & P exam for Tinutis this past November. I called in December to see the status of my claim. I was advised it was before the Review Board, and should hear from them shortly. I was even getting excited.... Today, I receive a letter from Montgomery stating they need copies of my treatment records from Vero Beach CBOC/West Palm Beach VAMC. My question is aren't all my VA files available to them throught their own computers? Would it help to ask the main office at Birmingham on my visit tomorrow?

How far away from Montgomery are you? In dealing with these guys I would recommend that you respond in writing.