Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pray For Us

Rate this question

gp747

Question

i know this is not va stuff,but i am real worried they found a one inch

tumor on my wifes kidney with c scan,she has mri scheduled the fourteenth.

she is such a wonderful christian woman who saved my life,got me off the

streets and helped me to stop drinking.doc said it is from one to five a four.

if anything were to happen to her i would be a total mess. i am scared.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Skunk, I totally understand how your feeling. It is frightening! My husband is battling stomach cancer and is going through chemo. He was diagnosed this past sep 08. The doctor removed 75% of his stomach and 22 lymph nodes. I'm mentally drained and depressed but I try my best to not show it. We have been together for 33 years. Hopefully your wife's tumor is not malignment. It took 3 admissions to the hospital for them to find it. The doctors said it was irritable bowel syndrome. What a joke. They do make mistakes so get a second opinion if you feel like you need one. My suggestion is to pray, pray, and pray some more. I truly believe that God was there with my husband and got him through so far. Also try to find the best doctors you can find. Luckily some great doctors fell in our laps (Again God). MD Anderson in Houston suppose to be the best cancer institute. Best of luck, Vicky

Yes the doctor and hospital is so critical. I get so disgusted and sad when I see someone now with a cancer diagnosis with insurance and they go to their small town hospital because they want to be dedicated to the town or they don`t want to drive. You research it online in 15 minutes and go to the best. I drove to U of Mi hospital 60 miles away every day for 7 weeks because they ranked 4th in survival rate for my cancer. I could have driven 1 mile in my town and then been driven only 4 miles to the VA Cemetery...you know what I mean. Also, some hospitals are great with some cancers and not so good with others. There is a great site for anyone with cancer or a caregiver called Cancer Compass. A must for this situation.

I`m always very happy to help anyone I can with this issue...always.

Cavman

Edited by Cavman

:rolleyes: Skunk, Like you have been told previously "Take It To The Lord In Prayer". Your prayers may not be answered instantly, but He is certainly working on them. I've had so many problems in the past year, that I was ready to throw in the towel. I listened to my Pastor's sermon, saying don't be so proud, and spend some times on your knees asking God to help. I did just that, and slowly my life is being turned around. In my bedtime prayers, I will certainly mention your wife.

thankyou! i noticed you were truckdriver,iwas also in nam we have something in common .

Just athought, get opinions at least three if you can- years ago they told me I had a brain tumor after ice skating incident, wanted to cut up my brain then I would have been 80% paralyzed,

turned out it was just calcium deposits which we all have , so beleive me when I tell ya ,do it.

Be strong together, Peace to you and yours

Skunk I will definitely add you and your wife to my prayers. HE will provide you and her strength and will not fail you, stay as strong as you can and have faith. May GOD bless you and your family.

Jmack