Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Fraud.."smoking Gun"

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I recently got a VARO decision from Cleveland RO with a St. Petersburg RO cover page. This seemed more than a little peculiar, and I have been thinking why would this would happen? I am fairly sure these decisions are printed on computer, with the "default" cover page, being the local Regional Office.

Of course, this is a mistake, and I cant help but wonder why one RO would log into another RO's database? To help Veterans? To speed up the claim? Frankly the RO does not give a rip about Veterans.

(Yes I know RO's "farm out" their claims to other RO's, and mine has been farmed out to Virginia and Philadelphia. However, in each case, they told me about it. This time, they did not "farm me out" to St. Pete) Also, when I was "farmed out" to Roanoake RO, Roanoke did all the development and leg work, but then it was sent back to Cleveland for a decision.

I think the most likely reason is VA employee related fraud. To me, it is a "smoking gun".

When I put it in context, the whole thing makes sense: The VARO's denies deserving Veterans, funnels this money into "fake" claims, with large retros, (they have already been caught at doing this!), then "covers it up" by spreading the fake claims, with large retros over multiple Regional Offices, so it does not look like it is coming from one particular VARO. Of course, this would take lots of people in different cities all working this fraud together, but the "fraud pie" would be big enough for many to partake.

YES, I know this all sounds crazy, BUT WHY ELSE would regional Offices be so motivated to delay and deny our claims by the bushel basket full and even shred them? I would like opinions! I have no proof..just a decision from Cleveland with ST. Pete cover page and THOUSANDS of DEserving VETS being denied and delayed.

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Interesting thought process on this.

Let's just hope that it is not happening, but who knows. B)

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

The draft dodgers have not all reached retirement age yet.

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

Not a bad idea, Purple, I am not sure that I want to "show my cards" yet, tho. If the VA IS doing this, I want those responsible to pay for cheating Veterans. Does anyone else have a theory as to WHY the VA regional Office is so determined to deny and delay our claims other than a purely greed motive on their part?

Not a bad idea, Purple, I am not sure that I want to "show my cards" yet, tho. If the VA IS doing this, I want those responsible to pay for cheating Veterans. Does anyone else have a theory as to WHY the VA regional Office is so determined to deny and delay our claims other than a purely greed motive on their part?

Just my opinion...

If the government (VA) compensated every Veteran for their service injuries and their families like Abe Lincoln invision as well as took care of our medical needs, the other government agencies would not have any funds to operate.

One of John Roche books mentioned something to the effect that about 1 million Veterans out of 3 to 5 million Vets are receiving some form of compensation or pension from the VA.

His point was the fact that those other 4 million or so not receiving comp/pension is not because they don't deserve it, but because they don't know how to submit a proper claim and even if they did, the supposedly "non-adversary" VA would delay, deny, stall because of funding and not wanting to pay for what has been rightfully earned by all Vets; just my opinion. B)

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

The wrong letterhead possibly was the result of someone at the VA using a template or example that he/she forgot to modify for the locality concerned.

I remember sending out examples of the correct preparation of a DA 4187 for certain allowances such as COLA and separate rations. About half of the authorizations that were generated as a result of my instructions included my phrase, "Please ensure the unit commander signs this document" and

my phrase, "This is an example of the correct preparation of this form for the authorization of [entitlement]."

JMO