Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dd 214 Update

Rate this question

lobawl

Question

I equested an updated DD214 back in ctober because my applcation for CRSC was sent back with a note saying, " DD214 no record ove 15 years old". Duh!! I was disabled retired 10/1/68 and that is reflected on the DD214 I supplied. No further action will be taken on my CRSC application until I supply them with a new DD214; problem is I was told due to high volume it would be up to 12 months before I get the update. SCREWED AGAIN getting used to it now after 40 years.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

That sucks Marine-

Did you register your DD 214 with any county office when you were discharged?

I dont recommend that these days due to how easy it could be for someone to get personal info off a public county record- still one source for getting a certified copy of a DD 214-

Has any fairly recent employer needed your DD 214?

I see you are 100%- so your DD 214 was good enough for the VA-so what is their problem at DFAs-

Then again- do you mean you requested a DD 215?

Still- these requests shouldn't take this long-

I am baffled by this-

maybe they think you should re enlist and then get discharged again to have a "new" DD 214.

I hope others chimes in here- maybe this post should be under the Claims Research Forum-

Can you imagine telling a WWII service connected nursing home vet that he needs a "new" DD 214?

If you get SSA they might still have a recent certified copy of your DD 214- but I am really perplexed as to why DFAS would need it.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

If one is service connected there should be a copy of DD 214 in the C Filer. I know that mine has one.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

When I was working on my TDIU claim the VA came up with the same BS about not having a copy of my DD214. I have been SC'ed for 38 years. Of course, there was a DD214 in my C-File,but those lazy &%^^&^% did not look in the file. They would rather hold up my claim for six months to ask St. Louis. I had a couple of certified copies of my DD214 and I took it to the VARO, and put it in their hands. They then said they had no proof of my last day at work, and I got a copy of my retirement date paperwork from the federal government and gave it to them. If they had had to request this stuff though channels it would have added 6 months to a year to my wait. It was absurd because they had my SSD award letter which gave the last day of my employment. The VA claims workers are just lazy and incompetent. They would rather screw a vet than open his file and look inside.

"Berta,

I heard you ask for this topic to be moved, the magic has been done, lol.

carlie"

No- not me Carlie-

I think this is an important post-

My neighbor (20 years USAF retired) was just here and cleaned the snow from my driveway (he was REDHORSE-in Alaska- and he still loves the job he had clearing runways in the Mil so he put a plow on his 4 wheeler and cleans driveways)

I mentioned this post to him and he too was stunned-

his DD 214 is very old- what if they pull this crap as to the 15 years stuff -need a new DD 214-on other vets too-

A DD 215 might take longer-it took us about 8 months for Rod to get a DD 215.

But the medals came after he died.

A DD215 takes a thorough search to see if there are more citations, etc that should have been on the 214-

but this length of time this vet was given is ridiculous-

Is VA going to hold up a vet's comp if they find out the DD 214 they have isn't "new"?

Maybe he needs a second opinion from DFAS but then again he gets SC- I dont understand what they are pulling here.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.