Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Award, How Long Did It Take You To Get Backpay?

Rate this question

les

Question

I received my bva award letter saturday 1 24 2009. How long did it take you to receive your backpay after your award? Thanks for your reply! LES

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I received my bva award letter saturday 1 24 2009. How long did it take you to receive your backpay after your award? Thanks for your reply! LES

Generally within a month. Congrats.

In cases of large retro for mental disability awards the VA might attempt to stave off the award $$$$ until an incompetency factor can be determined.

This added at least 4-5 months to a friend of mine's receipt of his mega retro cash.

I suggest again-(I put this under the Getting an IMO topic too) if any vet is obtaining an IMO for any mental disability- have the IMO doc state in their opinion that you are fully mentally competent to handle your own funds.

This could prevent the VA from the incompetency proposal.

In my friend's case he was glad the VA wanted a payee for him.

Still -this can add time to receiving the compensation and

retro due to a remand.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes it is usually pretty quick. Last time I got one March of 2008 money was in bank same day I got the award letter

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

First off, congrats!

It took 60 days for my retro to show up. I am retired so they have to coordinate with DFAS to make sure you aren't getting paid both retirement and VA dis at the same time. Once CRDP is fully phased in, that will not be an issue.

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

Congratulations on your win...

Ron

Gee..I hope you do better than I have. I got a BVA award of a "complete grant of benefit sought" on January 13, 2004, more than 5 years ago, and I expect that it will take at least another 2-4 years for me to get my back pay from the Regional Office.

Hopefully, you are not in "Drew Carey's" RO because they have such a backlog at the shredder, they are now requesting that Veterans shred their own evidence.

This new ban on RO's shredding evidence should be over soon, and it can be back to business as usual, hopefully in a few more years.