• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claim

Rate this question

ruby

Question

STATEMENT IN SUPPORT OF CLAIM

January 28, 2008

1. By this document I am filing a claim for service connected compensation for prostrating headaches and bilateral radiculopathy secondary to my service connected cervical arthritis.

2. My headaches are frequent in nature occurring on average 3-4 days a week, lasting from a few hours to constant pounding at the base of my skull for days to weeks. These headaches occur primarily at night while I am sleeping. I wake up in mild to severe pain depending on how long my neck was not in proper ligament. I must sit up and put on a neck brace (soft collar), take some form of pain medication either ibuprofen, soma ( muscle relaxant), or percocet. At times when the headache is severe it is necessary for me to take all the above for pain relief. These actions may eliminate the pain or I may have a constant ache at the base of the skull for days. As a result of the headaches my sleep pattern is disturbed. I may get no sleep throughout the night or a limited number of hours. The headaches are becoming more severe in nature due to the ambien (sleeping pill) and prozasin (hyperviligance) that I now take for PTSD symptoms.

In accordance with CFR 38 the percentage for this condition under section 8100 would be 50%.

3. I also have constant tingling and numbness in both hands specifically in the little finger and ring finger along with weakness and pain in my arms and hands. This condition also wakes me frequently at night. In order to eliminate the tingling and numbness I must change positions and shake both hands.

As indicated in the MRI dated June 19, 2008 this condition is moderate to severe in the left and mild to moderate in the right. The EMG performed on November 8, 2008 showed bilateral muscle membrane instability in the C6, C7 myotomes. According to the CFR 38, section xxxx this condition should be rated at 30% for the left and 20% for the right.

4. Enclosed are of pertinent medical records to support this claim.

1. VA Medical Records:

A. rheumatlogist notes--- notes dated August 29, 2008.

B. MRI dated June 19, 2008

C. EMG dated November 8, 2008.

D..I have more notes like from PT saying they wont do PT until I am cleared from a neurosurgeon. I am having pain procedures on my neck for the headaches and numbness and tingling. I also have another note from rheumatologist

Thank you for your time and consideration to my claim.

Respectfully submitted,

Thanks for any response.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

no one has an opinion on what the Doc wrote.

Ruby

Ruby,

As you well know, I haven't been posting a lot but I have been observing. I did read your Statement and what your doc wrote. You want the HA and radiculopathy sc'd as secondary to the cervical condition but your doc doesn't mention either or as being "at least as likely as not" (remotely or otherwise) as the case.

He refers to both of them but doesn't make a connection or give an indication to them being secondary (specifically) to the cervical condition. I don't, personally, see where he "...connected the dots..." So, I'm not sure if his progress notes helps or hurts. I'm sure someone else will come along and inject their opinion.

• HadIt.com Elder

Reminder;...you should conclude all statements in support of your claim with the following sentence: " I hereby certify that the information I have given is true to the best of my knowledge and belief". The VA requires all statements submitted in your behalf, to conclude with that certification sentence. I would also put my VA claim number at the top of all pages.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Thanks luvhim, I don't think it helps but I am not sure it hurts me. He is saying that the radiculopathy and headaches are connected to my sc arthritis as evidenced by the mri/emg. But he didn't word it so an idiot could understand so I am sure the VARO won't get it. I would have to be really lucky to get someone with any brain waves at he VARO level to understand the connection. They are making me an appt with the neurosurgeon guess I will wait it out before filing this claim.

I still haven't heard from the claim I filed a year ago, of course I amended it 8 months later which delayed it further. If I get the neurosurgeon to connect it, then I am filing it and I'll wait another year for them to get it to the raters desk and another year for the rater to rate.

You gotta love them, the system is so good how darn I be upset that my claim is taking over a year for me to get a comp exam or a straight out denial. I am a bad, bad person.

Ruby,

As you well know, I haven't been posting a lot but I have been observing. I did read your Statement and what your doc wrote. You want the HA and radiculopathy sc'd as secondary to the cervical condition but your doc doesn't mention either or as being "at least as likely as not" (remotely or otherwise) as the case.

He refers to both of them but doesn't make a connection or give an indication to them being secondary (specifically) to the cervical condition. I don't, personally, see where he "...connected the dots..." So, I'm not sure if his progress notes helps or hurts. I'm sure someone else will come along and inject their opinion.