VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long After Ratings Board?

Rate this question

diablogun

Question

Hello everyone,

I took my initial C&P exam for two Service related conditions(they've already been granted SC) on Jan. 14. I did an IRIS two days ago and got back this reply. How long do you think I'll wait for a final adjudication from now? I am in the Phoenix office but have to move at the end of next month. Thank you in advance for any help :-)

This is in response to your February 9, 2009, inquiry.

We are thankful for your service to our country.

Your claim went to the Rating Board on Jan. 29, 2009, which is where we will review your file and make a decision on service connection and disability percentages. We are unable to give you a timeline when they will review your file as we do not know their caseload.

After a rating has been established, your file will go to the authorization department for verification and review. The claims process can be lengthy due to the many processes and the time we must allow for information to be sent to us from you or obtained by us on your behalf from outside sources.

Once you have been approved a rating you will be paid retroactively from the date of your claim for any benefits you may be entitled to based on your rating. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work our way through the claims processing procedures. You will receive notification via US mail once your claim has been finalized. Your notification letter will explain our decision in detail.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is Uncertain but I think it will be soon. Short term anytime, Long term 60 days.

If you move, dont for any reason change your bank account until it is resolved.

J

diablogun,

Welcome to Hadit.

My timeline guess is just that... a guess,

of 2 months to 18 months.

Are you moving to where that office would no longer be your

VARO of jurisdiction ? I sure would not want to move my claim

at this point.

jmho,

carlie

diablogun,

Welcome to Hadit.

My timeline guess is just that... a guess,

of 2 months to 18 months.

Are you moving to where that office would no longer be your

VARO of jurisdiction ? I sure would not want to move my claim

at this point.

jmho,

carlie

Hi,

Yes I am moving to Maine from AZ. It is my hope that the decision will be done before I go. I definitely will not change it if it will cost me another year :-) Does anyone know if they start over again if you move? The job offer was too good, I couldn't turn it down.

It is Uncertain but I think it will be soon. Short term anytime, Long term 60 days.

If you move, dont for any reason change your bank account until it is resolved.

J

Thank you for the information, is that your experience that it usually takes that long?

• HadIt.com Elder

You really have to look at the C@P exam. What did the opinion state and is the Docs opinion backed by strong evidence.

If it goes per the C@P Doc stated, it is just a matter of time. An Award will be fairly quick.

I have seen it go in as little as 3 weeks ( Personal claim) after a C@P. I have also saw it go a lot longer.

I Hope it is quick for you.

J

You really have to look at the C@P exam. What did the opinion state and is the Docs opinion backed by strong evidence.

If it goes per the C@P Doc stated, it is just a matter of time. An Award will be fairly quick.

I have seen it go in as little as 3 weeks ( Personal claim) after a C@P. I have also saw it go a lot longer.

I Hope it is quick for you.

J

Thank you very much for the information :-)