Usps Certified Priority Mail

Rate this question

Wings

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

The AMC gave me 30 days to send additional comments and/or evidence to their Rating Decision (denial). I had written a 5 page "Rebuttal", but decided instead, that I'd sooner send a formal Notice of Disagreement (NOD). SO I changed the subjject from Rebuttal to NOD ...

At the US Post Office, I sent 2, letter sized envelopes (pre-made by the USPS).

The first copy I addressed to the AMC; the second copy to the BVA.

I paid for both: Prioroty Mail and Certified mail, which was supposed to get there in 2-3 days! It's been 8 days, and counting!

I'm really glad I decided to send the NOD, rather than the rebuttal, because the 30 day limitation was up as of yesterday!

Now the question: what are the VA Regulations on filing deadlines or statute of limitations? If I have proof of mailing within that time frame, does it count? What if the Post Office doesn't get my package there on time, but I have proof I mailed early???? ~Wings

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Wings, any green slips not properly signed or with the proper number on them should be returned to the USPS for proper handling. I had one come thru w/a illegible(sp) signature and returned it for proper handling. About 10 days later I received my green return receipt w/the signers printed name where it should have been. I always recommend photocopying whatever is sent w/the certified label w/number photocopied on it. This way they can't say "something was sent" but we don't know what. Also, if they can't get the proper documentation you are entitled to a refund for that service. jmo

pr

PR, I did go to the Post Office this morning, and they printed out the USPS computer's copy of the signed and dated Green Slip.

I just do not understand how, after sending my NOD many times (three times to AMC, and twice to BVA), plus one FAX to the BVA, why in the heck BVA's computer is NOT showing receipt of said NOD?! Their mailroom must be newsworthy!

Shouldn't they at least TELL ME, they are in receipt of my NOD??? HUGS!! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings,

After the AMC lost my personnel records three times, I took my things to Senator Warner of Virginia and he

faxed them from his office and they were logged in the same day.

If you are not close to your Senator, you can scan them to him and he still can fax them for you.

His office will receive a date and time of receipt by the BVA and the AMC.

He did this for me for the BVA and the AMC.

You just have to sign a consent form for him to represent you in these matters.

That is the only way, any of my material was acknowledged.

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder
Wings,

After the AMC lost my personnel records three times, I took my things to Senator Warner of Virginia and he

faxed them from his office and they were logged in the same day.

If you are not close to your Senator, you can scan them to him and he still can fax them for you.

His office will receive a date and time of receipt by the BVA and the AMC.

He did this for me for the BVA and the AMC.

You just have to sign a consent form for him to represent you in these matters.

That is the only way, any of my material was acknowledged.

Betty

Betty, Holy Cow, the things we have to do! How do you "scan" documents to your Senetor? ~Wings

Hello Wings. This is so ridiculous it is hard to believe. The American public does not have a clue on what the Vets of this country have to put up with. This is outrageous and is criminal. It is all about time .......RO says they did not get it,,,, BVA says they did not get it......then the BVA remands it back to RO........ RO says they dont have it and then do after 3 or 4 years of ping pong....even with you showing the USPS certified receipt, then BVA will remand it again.... This country needs to take back what was once precious to it....Its Veterans. Maybe another Dr. Phil time.....Can your congressman or senator help in this case? Are they going to keep playing this game until COVA gets it??? Wings you have helped so many and this must be very discouraging as it certainly discourages me. Maybe all of us should prepare for this type of treatment and at the least , it shows us the types of battles to prepare for. Berta ,,,,being the battle warrior and trained in this, might have something to offer here. I wish I could say something that would help but I am so mad , I dont know what to say but to NEVER GIVE UP........ The VA is hoping this happens and you know this. God Bless, C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder
Betty, Holy Cow, the things we have to do! How do you "scan" documents to your Senetor? ~Wings

Wings,

You can scan the pages into your computer and email them to him or you can scan, print and fax the pages to his office

and he in turn will place his "Special Letter Head" on them and will fax them to the BVA or the AMC for you with a

friendly letter.

This veteran has asked me to fax these important papers to you , as she feels her copies are misplaced.

Hope this helps you.

Betty

Capt, Yes it is criminal. It is a disgrace. I sat as the AMC destroyed ever shred of evidence that I had.

I had to send and re-send. They were stupid enough to think that I was sending them the originals.

The R.O knew if I proved my claim there was a lot of back pay due me.

I fought them for 7 years straight to be heard.

I did succeed in receiving almost 17 years of back pay.

This is what the AMC also knows about Wings and others on the board.

Please don't anyone give up. You have to fight the way they do. Anyway you can.

Always,

Josephine

(Betty)

Edited by Josephine

Wings,

You can scan the pages into your computer and email them to him or you can scan, print and fax the pages to his office

and he in turn will place his "Special Letter Head" on them and will fax them to the BVA or the AMC for you with a

friendly letter.

This veteran has asked me to fax these important papers to you , as she feels her copies are misplaced.

Hope this helps you.

Betty

Capt, Yes it is criminal. It is a disgrace. I sat as the AMC destroyed ever shred of evidence that I had.

I had to send and re-send. They were stupid enough to think that I was sending them the originals.

The R.O knew if I proved my claim there was a lot of back pay due me.

I fought them for 7 years straight to be heard.

I did succeed in receiving almost 17 years of back pay.

This is what the AMC also knows about Wings and others on the board.

Please don't anyone give up. You have to fight the way they do. Anyway you can.

Always,

Josephine

(Betty)

Isn't it apparent that the VA is still losing, destroying and/or just throwing away veteran's data. Same as they did last year and the year before and before etc?

If you notice I am now from N.C. Before it was Texas. I didn't want to confuse anyone that noticed the change. Next week maybe another state I have lived in or just like. I won't list the state I am really from on here. It is good to be able to move around without leaving the house.