Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lawyer Working Fast

Rate this question

gp747

Question

while my wife was in hosp. i kept in touch with my new lawyer and they stated they made their appearance concerning my 30% remanded bipolar claim awarded at amc.

i was awarded 30% bipolar in sept 2008 and was lowballed so i finally made the decision to get this lawyer.

i decided on this lawyer because they sent me a letter twice wanting to handle my claim and said they thought they could help.

they said they could not do anything about the claims at ro,but would take them if denied at that time.

i think i have a good lawyer team "legal help for veterans" Michael Viterna.

i kept on getting crap from my vso and do not think they even represented me when claim was at amc.

i will be glad when i can get all my claims out of the hands of these amateur vso's

and poa's,if they do not have a slam dunk they will not waste their time on you.

i won my 30% on my own ,i have found out the hard way they are not worth a s--t!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

i kept on getting crap from my vso and do not think they even represented me when claim was at amc.

I believe you said in a previous post that you have a state commission VSO, I too had a state VSO and he was honest with me and told me up front that he could not help me much while my claim was at AMC in Washington DC because my state does not have a rep in DC.

I would caution people with a claim at AMC, if your VSO parent organization does not have a rep in DC then you will get very little information on your claim. I think the AMC set it up that way so they could have a free reign with claims. I did make contact with an American Legion VSO at AMC that was kind enough to search for my file, blow off the dust and started it moving thru the system again.

I think the AMC does not want to be found, you may notice that the letters they send you are addressed on "Eye street", I flew out from California to pick up a copy of my c file from AMC. I found their offices were on "I" street not "Eye" street.

Your VSO should have told you that she could not help you much while your claim was with the AMC. Instead, she chose to send you crappy info, which made her look bad.

In my opinion, VSO's are ok pushing paperwork, but forget about asking them complicated questions, I did that once and the VSO's in the office said it was impossible, now I too have an attorney and he is saying it is very possible and we are pursuing it.

I do think that anyone who has hired an attorney will prolly end up at the BVA because most RO's do have the knowledge to make a decision.

Happy Trails

Paul

Edited by hurryupnwait

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

The state office is accredited under the American Legion. They are able to handle your case at AMC and BVA. Contact the American Legion and see what they can do for you.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

I believe you said in a previous post that you have a state commission VSO, I too had a state VSO and he was honest with me and told me up front that he could not help me much while my claim was at AMC in Washington DC because my state does not have a rep in DC.

I would caution people with a claim at AMC, if your VSO parent organization does not have a rep in DC then you will get very little information on your claim. I think the AMC set it up that way so they could have a free reign with claims. I did make contact with an American Legion VSO at AMC that was kind enough to search for my file, blow off the dust and started it moving thru the system again.

I think the AMC does not want to be found, you may notice that the letters they send you are addressed on "Eye street", I flew out from California to pick up a copy of my c file from AMC. I found there offices were on "I" street not "Eye" street.

Your VSO should have told you that she could not help you much while your claim was with the AMC. Instead, she chose to send you crappy info, which made her look bad.

In my opinion, VSO's are ok pushing paperwork, but forget about asking them complicated questions, I did that once and the VSO's in the office said it was impossible, now I too have an attorney and he is saying it is very possible and we are pursuing it.

I do think that anyone who has hired an attorney will prolly end up at the BVA because most RO's do have the knowledge to make a decision.

Happy Trails

Paul

very true i do have a state commission vso and they have been of no help what so ever. this last one i have is better as she has been answering my emails however in every one she keeps on saying wait on the letter and let me know when it comes in.

however when the letter comes in it is all over with then ,without it is a remand or something like that.

on my last remand they did not know squat about what was going on. they are useless except for signing things in your behalf,heck i can do that!

i am telling you it is a bunch of crap these vso's. especially the state ones .

every time i called for a period of time the one lady was in florida on some taxpaid excursion under the guise of representing veterans.

hell the claims are at the ro and washington ,not florida.