Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pcp Awol For Over 5 Mths

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Tried to get appts with pcp for over 5 mths. Clinic kept saying she is not in, don't know when she will be in, don't know if she is sick again, don't know what to tell you, can't make appt for you as we don't know what is going on.

Finally I went to the pt advocate...she said she wasn't really sure what was going on or had been going on with this np but she was hopefully going to return in a few mths but not be a pcp anymore. So then I asked so who is going to provide my care? So she got on the phone with a supervisor and an appointment was made that day for 2 weeks away and I was to be transferred to another clinic.

So I go in for my exam, and they tell me I now have a medical dr. Well good for me I presume...WRONG...My exam consisted of questions being asked, more conversing for about 5 minutes, and I ask her to prescribe medication for me with an MRI previously ordered and she tells me she can't! WHAT, I thought you said you were a medical DR! She said I am, I graduated overseas and I have a diploma, but I am not licensed so I can't order you any IV meds, pain meds, controlled meds....I had read about the VA only requiring a Medical school diploma, but this was my first contact with a non-licensed dr.

Next to top it off I get a copy of my records that day from MI(medical informations/formally medical records) and I read all the coments she wrote and how I received a physical exam...WHAT?? she sat in a chair and I in another, she never touched me, I stayed fully clothed, no listening to my heart, bowels, lungs anything yet she documented results...Then she wrote I would pay for my own MRI and other female tests that I need. Where the hello did this all come from?? I went back to the clinic and told them all this bull written and I demanded an addendium, and they said sorry she left early for the day, call back tomorrow. I did that too, and left my messages, and no return call.

SO now my record reads like that of a 25 yr old gymnasist. Even was I was 25 I could not do back flips!! Funny how I was the only woman with about 12 men waiting for apts with this dr. So they can't say she "mixed up the records" a comment they like to use alot.

I immediately highlighted the errors and wrote in the correct information on the 5 pages I received fron MI. Guess from now on in I am taking my tape recorder in with me, or better yet my camcorder! I am so po'ed. My previous c/o have gone on to deaf ears. I am not a nasty/mean/vindictive person but don't F with me either or I turn into a royal bitch. I am a right person...do right, say right, treat people right, be treated right, so I am further appauled that this idiot is fuc.ing with my records now!!

I have spent hours,days,weeks,years on my claims, and am on my 3rd printer so don't destroy all that I have done and put me in the backseat!! I am still waiting for them (this VA) to correct my C&P from over 5 yrs ago...(all this is in my topic posts) I do not trust they will correct this plus when asked what my pain level was by the nurse,with this appt. I said 7 yet this was never written nor the fact my b/p was sky high and she took it 3 times. I do believe I will record all of my appts and send them a transcript of the REAL APPOINTMENT OUTCOMES!

Any comments are welcome. Don't advise me to be sweetie nice I have done that all along and have been SHAFTED! I am a professional and I know how to act but this is BS!! Cordial, but direct, not in their face unless they get in mine. I am tired of this mistreatment/lack of honest treatment. Nice guys/girls finish last. This hasn't worked so now I will be direct.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

halos2: I doubt the VA is going to knowingly let you record your appointment, but since you are a female, I do believe that you can have a person of your choosing, to be in the room at the same time, since this unlicensed Dr. is a male.

I would take your information and talk again with your patient representative and if you do not get any satisfaction, I might suggest and have you consider contacting a personal injury attorney, if only for some guidance, since this type of wrongful medical information and lack of it, could possibly lead some other Dr. to miss diagnose and/or treat you durying an emergency. Also the lack of medical treatment by not treating your HBP can lead to such an emergency if not death.

Try and keep your cool, but keep on top of it, the VA, at least in my case, prefers to eventually do something, rather than have you talking to everyone, pestering everyone about it, making it known by everyone. You might even consider taking your complaint to your Political Representative, your concerns that your medical needs are not being met by the VA health system. Letters to the Editor or an interested newspaper. Start with the small ones first, they usually cover more local humanist stories than larger ones.

IMHO

Rockhound Rider <_<

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

First thing I'd also do is request another PCP ASAP! I believe you have good cause to do so....more than enough good cause!! If the pt advocate can't help you...go to the Director and give him/her a deadline when you want you records fixed as well as a written apology.

Then go public and to your elected officials. I've had to have my records amended before (although my case wasn't near as serious as yours) and it was only after contacting the Director (via an IRIS complaint) that I was able to get that accomplished. So an IRIS complaint is always another avenue to consider.

halos2,

Sorry for the bad time you are having.

Hang in there. I myself would make another

appointment with same provider and confront her

with those records.

jmho,

carlie

Rockhound,

The post states the provider is a female.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Spoke with more staff at this VA hosp and all advised to request another pcp...so I did this week in person. Seems they need to investigate this occurrance before they will give me a definative answer. Also her staff of nurses all recommended I seek another person for my pcp. They were leaning towards this as this has not been a new occurrance with this dr in the past. So no one seems to favor corrections to the inaccurate information in my file recorded by her. As far as speaking with her this did not happen...I don't know if it was to shield her from me, or to try to deescalate the situation by blowing me off!! I am a direct person, not a mean spirited, violent, combative person. I am truthful and expect to finally be treated the same. Seems like when you challenge the system, they try to shuffle you away without a meeting to avoid any confrontations I guess. Oh well so I am suppose to hear something in a few weeks...but records well, her word to mine...I am an american viet nam era vet, and she a doctor from the middle east, not a U S citizen...so you know who has the clout here...I am not a predjudice person, but please tell the truth and be fair at this level, as we all know what happens when the claim/files proceed within the VARO system. :D

quote name='purple' date='Mar 2 2009, 09:20 AM' post='133401']

First thing I'd also do is request another PCP ASAP! I believe you have good cause to do so....more than enough good cause!! If the pt advocate can't help you...go to the Director and give him/her a deadline when you want you records fixed as well as a written apology.

Then go public and to your elected officials. I've had to have my records amended before (although my case wasn't near as serious as yours) and it was only after contacting the Director (via an IRIS complaint) that I was able to get that accomplished. So an IRIS complaint is always another avenue to consider.

• HadIt.com Elder

After a hospital stay last year I found many inaccurate entries into my medical records and was told that it was caused cause the if the person filling out information on the computer did not answer a question it defaulted to a 0 value which to VA means good. In order to get the VA to change the record you have to show a copy of the wrong record tell what you want and the idiot who did not do it right in first place does not approve the change it stays the same. Unfortunately many times that can be a rotating intern who is only at the VA for 6 months so the window is short.

The VA has known about this for over 3 years and has done nothing about it but are hopeful that it will be changed soon.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.