VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sdn 509 Par 16j

Rate this question

Guest William Goss

Question

Guest William Goss

After threats and counter threats the USAF had me resign my comission after 4 years of enlisted time and 2 years officer--they had me sign a paper that I would not pursue them in the newspapers or legally.

Unknown to me they inserted an SDN 509 Par 16j on my DD214--I haven't been able to find it anywhere--I am convinced that it caused me a lot of trouble in the last 40 years.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

What can you gain from a favorable discharge review tthat chang?s your general discharge to a medical one? Money. You would be entitled to a retro payment of Army disability pay less anything you receive from VA.

After threats and counter threats the USAF had me resign my comission after 4 years of enlisted time and 2 years officer--they had me sign a paper that I would not pursue them in the newspapers or legally.

Unknown to me they inserted an SDN 509 Par 16j on my DD214--I haven't been able to find it anywhere--I am convinced that it caused me a lot of trouble in the last 40 years.

DLC

you can find any spn code at Googel.com just search for "spn codes"

• HadIt.com Elder

I am wondering if it would be worth my while to try and have my discharge changed to a medical. I was under a doctor's care the day I was discharged. I got VA compensation after filing for it that was retro to the day after I was discharge. I got out on December 3, 1971 and my effective date was December 4, 1971.

35 years later I am still bitter about the way I was treated both by the Army and the VA. I got just 10% from the VA and they had evidence that I was IU. I was too sick to fight it then.

Guest jangrin

John999,

Do you have your calculator. Alex said money. 35 years of retro less whatever they have paid during that time period. Your claims have been very hard to win and slow over the years. Your retro check could be awsome.

hmmm. maybe you should really look into this.

Jangrin