Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sdn 509 Par 16j

Rate this question

Guest William Goss

Question

Guest William Goss

After threats and counter threats the USAF had me resign my comission after 4 years of enlisted time and 2 years officer--they had me sign a paper that I would not pursue them in the newspapers or legally.

Unknown to me they inserted an SDN 509 Par 16j on my DD214--I haven't been able to find it anywhere--I am convinced that it caused me a lot of trouble in the last 40 years.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta posted this in your other thread yesterday

<b>That SPN code means- Resignation -in lieu of elimination because of substandard or unsatisfactory performance of duty.

</b>

Guest William Goss
Berta posted this in your other thread yesterday

<b>That SPN code means- Resignation -in lieu of elimination because of substandard or unsatisfactory performance of duty.

</b>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Berta,

I believe you, but is there any place that I can get a hardcopy of that SDN Code?

I am going for a VA claim and all kinds of games are being played for the last 3 and 1/2 years.

I am sure that you know that there is a long history behind this: Successful enlisted career (4 years); Obtained 3 years of education on my own time; Nomination to the Air Force Academy; 2 Broken promises to be made a pilot, one of which tacked on an extra 4 years (Nuclear Launch Officer in Grand Forks, ND; A DUI; Incredible torture and humilitation; An anxiety Reaction; Threats of a BCD until a threat from me that I was going to the newspapers; The compromise that I would not pursue the matter legally or go to the newspapers and resign; A letter from a full Colonel that states he has never seen the torture applied to anyone as in this case in 35 years of service. One government doctor that claimed that I had character problems from childhood. Three civilian doctors who state this is a service connected disability. A continuous loss of evidence, even at the BVA level.

The BVA remanded the claim to the AMC saying that my SSA decision was missing, yet they would not accept the copy of the SSA decision that the R.O. sent me from the VA file. They claim that it could be a forgery.

I would appreciate any help you could give--I am 65 years old, a cancer survivor, married, and have a 13-year-old daughter.

Thanks,

Bill Goss

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are 100% SC is there any good reason to try and upgrade a discharge or change a discharge code or the nature of the discharge. I am talking about money matters. I think I should have gotten a medical discharge.

Guest William Goss
If you are 100% SC is there any good reason to try and upgrade a discharge or change a discharge code or the nature of the discharge. I am talking about money matters. I think I should have gotten a medical discharge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What would it gain you to have the discharge upgraded?

You can't beat 100% SC can you?

• HadIt.com Elder

The Army just screwed me over so bad when I was discharged and I got a outrageous low ball initial rating from the VA in 1971 is just pisses me off when I think about it. I have gotten just about everything changed over the years but I spend years unemployed and underemployed. It has taken 30 years to get it half-way right.

The site I got the SPN code info was NAMVET Electronic, (Vietnam Vets in Canada) a very interesting site-

http://www.vvic.org/pdfs/S2facts/19901201SPN.pdf

There are numerous other places to get SPN info and even some discussions (to include hadit) if you put DD 214 SPN Code into your browser and I think I might have put another link for SPNs years back.