Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ratings Board?

Rate this question

RSG

Question

VRO say's that my TDIU claim is in the ratings board, does this sound correct?

Your Regional Office informed us on March 2, 2009, that your claim is currently with the rating board for a decision to be made

Given their current workload, it is taking 4 to 6 months for a decision to be made on a claim.

Upon the completion of the decision your claim will then move to our authorization department for verification and review.

This is where all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed, and this process takes about 60 to 90 days to complete.

Is this normal for TDIU? I filed Sept. 2009.

RSG

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you mailed the VCAA letter, it would take a few days to get there, and it would have taken a few days to receive the decision letter after the RO mailed it. That means that the mailroom only had the VCAA letter for a few days. That's hardly enough time for those geniuses to realize they need to do something with it. I don't think your VCAA letter had anything to do with the timliness of your decision. You just had a solid claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Suspension date?

This is a date they move forward as much as they want. Years can pass.

It is a date no one should give any weight to. It's a false hope date to get you off their backs. They simply change it every so often on their computers.

Any time theres an action by you like filing a claim, a C&P examination, IMO, service records you want them to consider, etc, it will take 6 months to 2 years before you receive a decision on it.

Put no stock in anything the 800 VA number operators tell you & Iris isn't much better. If you hear from them at all.

If you haven't heard anything in 3 or 4 months. give them a call & listen to the BS if it makes you feel better.

If your simply waiting on them to act, find anything you can to keep you from thinking about it.

It can drive you crazy & stress you out. Staying alive is what you have to do to beat them.