Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Conversion To Electronic Claims Filing

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I thought I would give an example of how employees would be unable to delete Veterans claims.

I would like to see if ANYONE can Delete Larry's Hat (other than TBird, moderators, or Larry).

Everyone knows that would be in Veterans best interest.

Anyone who can do this please post Larry's picture without the hat.

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

We pick on Larry because we like him. He is feeling picked on just because he wears a weird hat. I wear my Vietnam Veteran hat just to show the public we are not all dead or in jail.

Purple....

Unfortunately, you are right about the VA delays..be they electronic or paper claims. They can delay em indefinitely. We would be able to better track these delays online, however, and locate and maybe fix the bottleneck. I wonder how long those 16,000 unopened pieces of mail remained in the Detroit RO before anyone "noticed". However, like it or not, our medical records are already online..this is not the issue. The doc puts our prescriptions online and we don't get any paper records of it. This enables Veterans to order their med. refills online, if they so desire. This is especially convenient for rural Veterans, especially the ones who dont get around well. The VA is far ahead of many private hospitals, many of which have not converted to electronic medical records yet. At least one, that I know of, plans on converting medical records online similar to the VA.

Often the elderly can not remember which medications they are on and the doctor needs that information if the patient is seeing multiple doctors. At the VA, because it is done electronically, you have a better chance of not being prescribed conflicting medications because each doctor can tell at a glance which meds you are on and does not have to rely on the patients memory, or paper records, which may be in another town.

If people want to hack your medical records, they do not need to wait until claims processing goes online..they can do that now.

What we are referring to to the claim process being paper. Of course, our claims decisions are also online, and BVA appeals are online. Most of us also get payment online, and not by check. You are safer to get an electronic deposit than a paper check, because theives love government checks, but find it much easier to steal a paper check than to try to hack an online payment system secured by 256 bit encryption. By converting Claim processing from paper to electronic, documents can be transferred in seconds instead of weeks. With all our medical records already online, we would not be exposed to any more hacking than before, it just would speed up the process, since detailed information is already available online to medical professionals and anyone able to hack into the VA system, borrow a VA laptop for the weekend, or look in any one of the thousands of cubby holes where VA employees store unopened mail.