Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The 12 Worst Regional Offices

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I would like to compose a list of the 12 Worst places to live for VA benefits. If your RO has "done you wrong" post it, and why..I think this list should be turned over to Bob Filner, Mr. Hall, Mr. Shineski, and, yes, Mr. Obama.

I propose these terrible RO's head the list:

"The Veterans list of the 12 Worst Regional Offices:

1. New York

2. Detroit

3. Cleveland

4. St. Pete

I want these to be like "power ratings" for the NFL..except in reverse, kind of like the least likely teams to win the next superbowl of being Veteran friendly.

My reasons for the "Terrible 3" of NY, Detroit, Cleveland being the worst are largely due to the AG's report of Veterans shredded claims, as well as my own experience in Drew Careys neighborhood. Please add your RO to this "12 worst list", if you feel your RO is deserving, as we can use it to pressure them to "get off this nasty list" by good Veterans service. Also a factor is The AG reported disparity among states, where some RO's compensate Veterans much higher than others. Cleveland, Indiana, and Illinois are 3 states at the bottom of this list also. I want to pressure the VA to stop "low balling" and start treating Veterans right by putting the worst offenders on this nasty list. A "good list" may also be in order, with the top "Veteran friendly" RO's. Thanks for your input and helping other Veterans to get benefits they deserve.

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Ahh Detroit VARO, I would like to see them get the top seed, but NY clearly gets it for the consistant misbehaviour for decades.

My example: They rated me for Hypertension in November. The C&P examiner notes my enlarged heart, discusses the x-ray, MRI, and Heart echocardiogram (all in evidence) that show enlargement. Mentions an EKG that is negative. Goes on to say that the hypertensive heart disease is at least as likely as not related to SC hypertension. This is the only medical opinion on this subject. Even though M21-1MR specifically tells them to rate it they don't. I have been waiting for a post decisional hearing on this since November 22, 2008. IRIS and 1-800 Line (why do I call it) tell me they are working on scheduling the hearing (since Nov).

My Neighbor: It took Detroit 24 months to make a decision on my neighbor's A.O. Cancer claim. When he filled, he sent an original copy of his DD214 That showed his Vietnam boots on the ground service, His current diagnosis and medical records for a cancer on the presumptave list. Roughly last June he forwarded his updated diagnosis which has him as terminal. Last month he finally recieved a rating, when his private insurance ran out last spring he transferred his medical care to VA. They made him pay copays for all his visits and medications. That money came back to him last month but last year when he was given his terminal diagnosis VA didn't give him a rating they gave him a bill. Maybe im over simplifying this but proof of Veitnam service and proof of a presumptive cancer, that decision can be made a whole lot quicker than two years! I maintain he only received a rating because of the change to the law that provides payment to a survivor if the veteran dies during the processing/decision of thier claim.

I have been waiting since July 2007 for an over 18 dependant to be added to my claim who is attending school. I have sent the paper work in three times, each time they have aknowledged receipt.....the last time they specifically asked me to send it in again......still waiting. Maybe he will receive the payment in-time for him to use at his retirement party :P

NY currently is number one, but Detroit will always be my number one and the location of that number one is one finger over from my index finger!!

Best regards,

• HadIt.com Elder

Noticed you said this is the only medical opinion on this subject. Just wondering if you get care through the VA for this, if so, clincal notes and diagnosis's in VA medical records may help you.

Best to ya and don't let up, you deserve a correct rating and care,

Cg'up2009!

Ahh Detroit VARO, I would like to see them get the top seed, but NY clearly gets it for the consistant misbehaviour for decades.

My example: They rated me for Hypertension in November. The C&P examiner notes my enlarged heart, discusses the x-ray, MRI, and Heart echocardiogram (all in evidence) that show enlargement. Mentions an EKG that is negative. Goes on to say that the hypertensive heart disease is at least as likely as not related to SC hypertension. This is the only medical opinion on this subject. Even though M21-1MR specifically tells them to rate it they don't. I have been waiting for a post decisional hearing on this since November 22, 2008. IRIS and 1-800 Line (why do I call it) tell me they are working on scheduling the hearing (since Nov).

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Noticed you said this is the only medical opinion on this subject. Just wondering if you get care through the VA for this, if so, clincal notes and diagnosis's in VA medical records may help you.

Best to ya and don't let up, you deserve a correct rating and care,

Cg'up2009!

It's all in thier system.

• HadIt.com Elder

Columbia SC RO has one of the worst records on remands and they were among the nations leaders in having "documents in the shredder" when they did the nationwide audit, they also have a reputation for lowballing initial awards it took me from Nov 2002 until Feb 2009 to get a BVA appeals hearing thru this office

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Ahhh, yes, Testvet..thanks for the oversight. Will correct and add Columbia, SC immediately. I think

Illinois and Indiana are good candidates for the "bottom 12". (#1) is the worst..#57 would be best.

1. New York..management fired for fraud..faked dates..shredded claims..Hillary Clinton publicly said NY VARO is "corrupt" (to bad she didnt visit some of the other RO's)

2. Detroit...16,000 "lost" Veterans claims, bad service...

3. Cleveland..55 shredded claims..lowest ranking or second lowest by AG in compensation to Vets two years in a row...Cleveland RO manager promoted to Central Office despite horrible service..

4. St. Petersburg..

5. Columbia South Carolina..

We are on a roll here..nominate your RO for the "bottom 12" most shamefull treatment to Veterans by any Regional Office.

Edited by broncovet