Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Payment

Rate this question

carterdap

Question

I received a statement of case dated Feburary 10th. It stated I was awarded 70% PTSD and other 2 claims were denied. I was advised by my DAV rep to wait for benefits to start coming before appealing or doing anything else about my case. My question is how long will it take before I actually receive a check? I have called the 800 number several times and told that my file is at the local office. I call the local office and they have no info one way or the other. Vets have told me it would be a week or two, its been 5. I have not received an award letter yet. Does anyone know of a time frame for all this to occur? :D :lol:

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Asap.call the 800 number and ask for a copy of the award letter. No big deal since it has been 5 weeks.

As far as the NOD, as soon as you get the letter and you dont agree, fire the NOD off pronto. Dont listen to this rep.

Give the rep a copy and get moving on to the DRO stage or BVA.

Another example of bad advice by a VSO.

J

I called today and requested a copy of my award letter and was told to expect it in 7-10 days. They still were not able to tell me when to expect payment though, :D something's better than nothing. So jbasser you suggest that I continue to move forward with the appeal process? The current decision came from a DRO and the result of c&p exams, so I will be moving to the next stage now.

carterdap,

If you have provided VA with your banking info for direct deposit -

the money will probably hit the bank account prior to you'r receipt of

a decision in writing.

Do not let too much time pass if your going to file a NOD down the road.

jmho,

carlie

carlie,

the service rep told me i had a year to respond, even though the paper work I received said to reply within 60 days and up to one year do whatever, i don't recall the exact wording and don't have it in front of me.......which is it 60 days or a year?? :D I don't believe I ever gave VA my banking info, when would I have done that, at the time of filing my claim??