Letter Of Increase

dive2deep

Question

I was going through all of the paper work I have form the VA in preparation for an upcoming C&P exam. Among the stacks of appointment schedules and other junk I found a letter dated Aug 13, 1999. This letter was sent after a C&P I had back then. The findings attached to the letter stated that I meet the criteria for 20% compensation. What makes this interesting is the fact that I have been receiving pay at the 10% rate. I called that 800# and faxed them the letter. I was told this would be opened as a claim and the letter would be forwarded to my RO. Should I be paid retroactive for the last 10 years? Has anyone seen this happen to anyone else?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You say "letter". What does the rating state? The VA is not bound by a typographical error in a letter. Do you have the letter that goes with the letter?

Example: The rating says that you are 10% for a knee condition. The letter states that you are 100% for a knee condtion. He will only be paid at the 10% rate.

SHARON - SOMEHOW THIS DOUBLE POSTED - I EDITED ONE OUT - CARLIE

Edited by carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Sharon, nice explanation.

I relooked at my rating letters. I recently recieved two letters with attachments from the VA.

The letters are stapled together.

The first letter says 'This letter tells you about your entitlement amount and payment start date and what we decided.

The second letter looks like an Award document with centered Titles. It looks like a Legal Document has the VA circular crest on it, my data, represented by, then just before the Introduction in small letters says "Rating Decision" and the date.

I am curious, as someone else here may be, which is 'exactly' a legal VA letter? It seems that any data listing on either document, should be 'legal', but I suspect not. I have a few letters with 'entitlement amount and payment start date and what we decided' that have blatant errors on them. Of course thats my opinion, but the VA would consider them typos!

Course, times change and other letters could mean different things too.

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009!