VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Handicap Sticker

Rate this question

david walker

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

David- it seems to me that-if you mean a sticker to park close to the VAMC in the handicapped hopital areas -that the VAMC used to issue these stickers through their VAMC police department but it required a doctor's statement-

Handicapped license plates can be obtained through your Division of Motor Vehicles- but I do not know their requirements-

I would certainy ask your doctor or call your VAMC directly and ask how you can obtain the handicapped sticker.

Our local VA- without having a handicapped sticker, requires someone to park quite a ways from the main hospital and ER. Everything is on a hill too- and can make getting to an appointment on time difficult .

I am pretty sure that motorcycles can get these stickers too.

• HadIt.com Elder

In Texas you can go two ways. First is a form that you have a Doc fill out and sign and take it to the County that issues Licenses. You can get a placard or a License Plate.

You can also apply for disabled plates if you are over 50% and state will charge $ 5 a year for the plate. This beats the over $ 55 charged now.

The disabled veteran plate work at VA in Texas but not at handicapped spots. If you have the Stae Handicapped License or Placard you can park for free at a parking meter.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a handicap sticker but I can part no where close to the Tampa VAMC . The parking lot is full at 7am in the morning. We have to wait for a shuttle bus at a parking lot for a mall. The VAMC was built in the 1970's with no plan for expansion. Now it is the busiest VAMC in the nation.

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

The Dallas VA now has Valet Parking. You have to wait but not as long as you do for shuttle. It really makes it a lot easier also. I usually tip the car parker and the the car returner 2 bucks.

DAvid calll your local Department of Motor Vehicles, The same place where you register your vehicles. Request a Handicap parking form. Have A Doctor fill it out and sign it. Then take it back to the Department of Motor vehicles to get a plackard issued.