Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Combined Rating Today!- Now What?

Rate this question

Raven

Question

In 2004 after 24YOS, I was medically retired for Major Depression- I have not worked since and was turned down for Voch Rehab

I was originally rated at 90% from the VA as follows

Depression- 70%

Sleep Apnea w/CPAC- 50%

Glaucoma suspect-20%

Bilateral Plantar Facilities- 10%

Tinnitus- 10%

Migraines- 10%

and 7 different areas at 0%

In Aug 2005 I filed for an increase in migraines- got the letter today- went from 10%-50%. Overall total is now 100%. Which entitles to me full concurrent receipt

Of course the migraine letter states since there is a likelihood for improvement, the assigned evaluation is not considered permanent and is subject to future exams

I was hoping they would just P/T me- I have teenagers who are ready to go to collage in a few years

My question is this- how do I get them to P/T me so I can get the kids in school- I find it very disappointing they did not do it this time- Also, one of my 0% areas in for sinuss, which I am having my second operation next week

Any comments and inputs are welcome and sorry for all the details

Raven :lol:

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Raven,

I am in the same boat. I got there a different way but none the less ended in the same boat. I was told to go ahead and have the kids apply, get rejected, for the chapter 35 benefits. Then when and if they make it P&T you can be reimbursed, of course that is if they back date it all.

I just received 6mths of back pay for my 100%, so using that for the initial college expenses next year.

Now as far as getting the P&T I have no clue. What I have surmised is I need to go to the Dr when things hurt and when things get worse. In my case it is a knee they believe will get better,,,,, fat chance of that but it is what they are pinning the P&T on. I do have some pending issues wich will NEVER get better, as they removed muscles from me, and am hopefull they will rate the condition as perm and then put me over for P&T. So with all that in mind I would say if one of the 7 items with 0% were to get worse then maybe you will get the P&T.

In my case I went back to the VA 6 mths after my 1st exam, knew I had to tell them my pain and situation on my worst day and my range of PAIN FREE motion, and the results were a change in rating from 60 to 90%. Maybe this helps? Just be sure to look through every page of your military medical record to see if you claimed everything!

Best O Luck

I just applied and received PT and they Rating said it was based on 5 years of steady visits to VA without any real inprovement...