VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Combined Rating Today!- Now What?

Rate this question

Raven

Question

In 2004 after 24YOS, I was medically retired for Major Depression- I have not worked since and was turned down for Voch Rehab

I was originally rated at 90% from the VA as follows

Depression- 70%

Sleep Apnea w/CPAC- 50%

Glaucoma suspect-20%

Bilateral Plantar Facilities- 10%

Tinnitus- 10%

Migraines- 10%

and 7 different areas at 0%

In Aug 2005 I filed for an increase in migraines- got the letter today- went from 10%-50%. Overall total is now 100%. Which entitles to me full concurrent receipt

Of course the migraine letter states since there is a likelihood for improvement, the assigned evaluation is not considered permanent and is subject to future exams

I was hoping they would just P/T me- I have teenagers who are ready to go to collage in a few years

My question is this- how do I get them to P/T me so I can get the kids in school- I find it very disappointing they did not do it this time- Also, one of my 0% areas in for sinuss, which I am having my second operation next week

Any comments and inputs are welcome and sorry for all the details

Raven :lol:

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Raven:

I would get a Doc's Statement staing that you cannot work and include it with a request for P&T. If you can't see a doc quickly I would ask for P&T and mail the statement as soon as I could get it.

Congrats.

Pete and Scotty

Thanks for the info- I have a report from a shrink done trough Voch Rehad a few months ago saying I am not worth rehabing- I guess I could send that in-plus I have a appointmet with a SSDI shrink this Friday (not sure if their report will help) I am just tired of messing with them but should feel luckey getting to 100%, eventhough not P/T.

I guess I could NOD it, but feel I should take the money and run for now

Raven

Edited by Raven

• HadIt.com Elder

You can NOD the denial of Chapter 35 benefits and when you win it will be retroactive. Chapter 35 is good to have if you have dependents.

Raven,

By all means get a statement from the Voc Rehab. Now was it a VR shrink. or the outside contractor that comes in and tests you?

The contractor, pretty much told me the same thing, but when I contacted her, she told me the only thing she does is test for the VR. I went and spoke with the VR counselor, and she gave me forms for my shrink and other docs to fill out. Unfortunately, or fortunately for her, she is on maternity leave right now and won't be back for another 4 weeks. My shrink got a case of the ass with me, and filled out the form and marked that i was "temporarily" unemployable. She got pissed off when I showed her the directive when she didn't want to fill the form out. Time for another shrink.

But back to my point. The VR counselor, a really nice young lady, has assured me that she will put in for unemployability once, she gets the doctors notes. Licensced therapist at the Vet Center wrote up a real nice, or derogatory, letter for me, depending on how you want to look at it. Push the Voc Rehab people for a statement that you are unrehabable. That is basically an admission to P&T.