Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unbelievable

Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I needed a letter, from the VA, for my veteran disability discount, on my property taxes and the regular annual letters haven't been mailed yet. So, today, I stopped in and requested just a simple letter stating that I'm service connected at 100%. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my glasses in w/me . . . duh, stupid me! The letter has today's date and my address from 3 moves ago. Anyway, the letter states: "The records of the DVA indicate that the veteran, Philip Rogers, at one time prior to death was in receipt of service connected compensation for a disability or disabilities rated at 100%."

Now, bear in mind, that my c-file is classified as "level seven, sensitive," which means only management can access my file. This is due to me having a lawyer and having been at the CAVC, on an appeal. This is to prevent errors. Yeah, right!!!

Anyway, just had to share!

pr

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

MEDDAC,

is there a form for address changes to the BVA and VARO's, or should we just send a letter with the changes?

Thanks in advance.

Meddac, it's my understanding that only a GS-11 or higher can access my c-file. True or false?? Thanks!

pr

False. The sensitive person could be a GS-7. The sensitive person in that particular section of your RO may be a GS-11. For all that its worth, File Clerks and Claims Assistants can handle your file as well (GS-4-6). Doesn't mean they are gonna go through it, though.

POSTED BY alan

"MEDDAC,

is there a form for address changes to the BVA and VARO's, or should we just send a letter with the changes?"

There is a form that you can use for address changes or you can send a letter. VA Form 20-572 http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/20-572.pdf

It's not required that you use the form, but I guess it looks more official.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks!! I usually use the "Statement in Support of Claim" form, for address changes.

pr

False. The sensitive person could be a GS-7. The sensitive person in that particular section of your RO may be a GS-11. For all that its worth, File Clerks and Claims Assistants can handle your file as well (GS-4-6). Doesn't mean they are gonna go through it, though.

POSTED BY alan

"MEDDAC,

is there a form for address changes to the BVA and VARO's, or should we just send a letter with the changes?"

There is a form that you can use for address changes or you can send a letter. VA Form 20-572 http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/20-572.pdf

It's not required that you use the form, but I guess it looks more official.

Sorry to hijack this but:

Meddac, so if the people that work with you (I'm guessing that you work for VA?) get those letters they let them go without contacting the other branches of VA to check the address or see if there is an updated one?

That is going to be the basis for a CUE I will file for an earlier effective date for my first claim from 1994. I won't bore everyone with details, but I did find a case where it stated that VA MUST contact other branches of the VA (comp, medical, education) and even go so far as to contact the unemployment people, etc. closest to the last known address of the vet, but that VA cannot be expected to "move heaven and earth" to find a vet if they have not updated thier address.

I know from asking that the different branches of VA have different databases, but to think that I collected the GI Bill for 3 years while VA comp claimed that they couldn't find me is quite possibly the perfect example of why the VA is screwed up.

Quint7,

This in no way, would meet the regs for a claim of CUE for EED.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.