Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Thought We Were Going To Receive A Onetime-$250.00?(stimulus?)

Rate this question

bob_abad

Question

I thought I read in the board more than a month ago that we were supposed to receive a one time amount of $250.00 as a reward or part of Obama's stimulus? Or was it a dream or hallucination?

Would be a nice sum to treat the wife for a decent dinner and a little shopping $$ for her....

Let me know..Thanks!

From Bob,

4th Inf. Div; Central Highland Campaign

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I m really confused now. Have heard so many conflicting stories and reports. Where do we get concrete info? Sorry I m a little thick in the head VA induced.

....And on the eighth day God created Infantry and Hell cried for mercy.

• HadIt.com Elder
I m really confused now. Have heard so many conflicting stories and reports. Where do we get concrete info? Sorry I m a little thick in the head VA induced.

Call the 800#. They have a message on there.

90%, TDIU P&T

The 13 extra bucks a week you'll get is because your employer withholds less. I don't think they will ask their employees if any of them are vets receiving disability comp. Now, the federal idiots may ask for the money back come April 15th. They would have to modify the 1040 to include a line item for VA compensation. Can't see them having any more luck with that than the pvt insurance deal.

OldDave

my pay has gone up so I think my employer reduced the withholding which means I will have to pay it back come april 15, 2010.

I agree with some of the others. This $250 stimulus payment is discriminatory against Veterans. If you are still working..you get $400, if you are a disabled Veteran, you get $250. Further, you cant get both. It is unclear to me why, somehow, disabled Veterans deserve $150 LESS than working people.

SS superseeds anything else...SS comes first so if you receive SSDI you will get a one time payment when you receive your monthly amount on your May deposit date and if you only receive Vets Disability you will get the $250.00 on your VA check in June( please note check/automatic deposit can be interchanged). But if you receive SS and Vets benefits you will receive a one time $250.00 in May on your SS check/deposit. You do not receive it for SS and Vets Disability. Pam and rdawg have given additional information too, but I wanted to clear up what/when you will get the amount, but note the amount differences regarding other issues written by them also.

I thought I read in the board more than a month ago that we were supposed to receive a one time amount of $250.00 as a reward or part of Obama's stimulus? Or was it a dream or hallucination?

Would be a nice sum to treat the wife for a decent dinner and a little shopping $$ for her....

Let me know..Thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder

The SSD May check is actually the day in June that you get paid by SS so once again confusion has run a muck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.