Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Dentist Lied

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

I have been fighting for VA for years. I also have been treated at the VA dental clinic for years. I have periodontal disease, gap spaces in teeth, and tongue laceration due to my tongue pressing on my teeth. My VA dentist told me that he would correct this if I was 100%. I went yesterday and he told me that he could only, help with my tongue laceration and continue to clean my teeth to control my periodontal disorder. In other words he has been lying to me all these years about 7 that he could/would help. Now all of a sudden he is booked up for the next three months solid. What a frigging lier. Looks like I have to pay for the corrections myself.

He asked me do/did I ever use drugs? of course I tried it over 15 years ago

He asked me do/did I ever drink alcohol? of course I did over 15 years ago.

What does these have to do with the treatment I need? I haven't had a drink or use illegal drugs in years, why would he even ask these stupid questions? He has just been pushing me off thinking he would never have to do any more work. Now he is pushing me off again. Sorry for venting still pissed off, hate being lied to. I thought that VA would help fix my dental problem

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yep, I agree....It seems that question is always asked at the most vulnerable moments. I am still boggled on why your dentist would ask that anyway unless he has an agenda in that since you did some drugs 15 years ago is contributing to your gum disease. Got to use SMART HONESTY on those types of things even though we're human and sometimes let the cat out of bag. I had a friend that was basically mute but he never got in trouble but me, on other hand, I always spilled the beans because of my dumb mouth. ;)

Never admit the use of illegal drugs even if it was 40 years ago.

Not really concerned about the questions it just pissed me off that he said he could not do anything. Like I said I do not drink alcohol or use illegal drugs in any way. I know some doctors think that all veterans are alcoholics and drug heads but blood tests would solve any questions. Plus my SMRs are void of alcohol or drug abuse. I also said I tried Illegal drugs not that it became a habit and also I said I drank but not saying how much and how long. He also knows that my current medications for my service connected conditions contribute to some degree to my problem.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

• In Memoriam

My experience:

I have been going to the VA Dentist since leaving service in 1971. I had teeth injury in service. I have only had the greatest respect for the VA Dentist. Sometimes I thought that it took a long period of time to get an appointment, but the work always got done.

Anytime I was in pain these dentist took me right away and did something about it that day. I have been to several VA dentist in Long Beach, Los Angeles, and Fayetteville Arkansas. All of these VA dentist have been impeccable in their treatment of me.

Sometimes prerequisites must be met before certain procedures can be taken care of. I know that teeth cleaning needs to be done before bridges or crowns can be worked on. After teeth cleaning I can't even brush for a few days. Time is needed to heal. Sometimes meds are put into a tooth that need to deaden parts of the tooth for a length of time.

Sometimes the Dentist are over booked with SC Vets. If your condition is stable you can call and make appointments from cancellations that have taken place that day, but you have to be ready to go. Sometimes conditions, of the mouth, need to change before the dentist can work on the teeth to keep from spreading disease.

Prerequisites must be met for root canals before bridge conditions are met. These are all reasons for time between appointments.

If the dentist asked a question about Alcohol or drugs, I would rather believe that it was just for his own information (education or verification of education) as to why a condition exist and not for any other reason. Your teeth will be taken care of regardless of this inquisitive question.

I don't ever want to get the VA dentist in the same boat as C&P's or VARO's. This is a truth that I have found out, for myself, over a long period of time. Credit where credit is due. Please don't take this wrong, it is just my opinion.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

OK, it has been a while and here is the update so far. I made an appt. with a different dentist and went on the 21 of Apr. His assistant x-rayed my teeth and said the dentist will see me now. when I walked in the room the dentist said I had a severe infection and he had to pull the tooth and he was going to do a root canal on the same very day. This is my first visit with this dentist, on my last visit before I was awarded 100% I was told that my teeth were fine, now all of a sudden I have a severe infection that happened in less than 30 days. I know infections can get bad but severe in 30 days after I had my last cleaning. I think again that my last dentist was lying and I explained to him that my dental problems makes my depression worst. I have low pain tolerance so I have not been clear headed with all my medication and pain pills. let's see what he will do the next visit, pull another tooth to clear out all the infections I have or smile in my face and tell me my tooth problems are in my mind.

I have been fighting for VA for years. I also have been treated at the VA dental clinic for years. I have periodontal disease, gap spaces in teeth, and tongue laceration due to my tongue pressing on my teeth. My VA dentist told me that he would correct this if I was 100%. I went yesterday and he told me that he could only, help with my tongue laceration and continue to clean my teeth to control my periodontal disorder. In other words he has been lying to me all these years about 7 that he could/would help. Now all of a sudden he is booked up for the next three months solid. What a frigging lier. Looks like I have to pay for the corrections myself.

He asked me do/did I ever use drugs? of course I tried it over 15 years ago

He asked me do/did I ever drink alcohol? of course I did over 15 years ago.

What does these have to do with the treatment I need? I haven't had a drink or use illegal drugs in years, why would he even ask these stupid questions? He has just been pushing me off thinking he would never have to do any more work. Now he is pushing me off again. Sorry for venting still pissed off, hate being lied to. I thought that VA would help fix my dental problem

Pete

If U are any where near St.Louis,Mo check there as I got excellent service from them & very quickly

GARY

gdsnide