Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Cross The Hurdle Of The 90%?

Rate this question

Izzy

Question

Hello to all fellow Veterans

I have a service conected disability of 90%. 50% for Brain Syndrome, 30% for Diplopia, 30% for Migraines and I have twelve other of 10%.

I have been diagnosed with depression, memory loss, PSTD, degenerative joint disease in ankles, shoulder, knees, clavicula and the neck, glaucoma, HBP, etc.

Currently I work at a prison and I do not know what to do from here?

I am the only one bringing home the bread, many bills, but I have heard that I could be doing better if I can get the 100% mark.

Currently I am thinking to file for TBI and epilitic seizures?

Any suggestions? I know that I have not check my C-file, I just read it in a thread, I will schedule this appointment.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Pete53's above comment answers or addresses my comment about SO's being 100 - SC. I now understand this TDIU vs SC a little better.
There's another consideration if he wants to go TDIU.

History.

If he just quits and files for TDIU, they'll want to know why he quit. He'll have to have his history of treatment, missed days, lost time, employer warnings for same, that sort of thing.

I don't know what kind of work he does for the prison, but in some jobs medications can be a disqualifyer. I was a machinist. But the plant I last worked at, you got a prescription, you had to clear the nurses office before you could go back to work. with the meds I'm on now, they wouldn't even let me in the plant!

Of course, they will only say they laid me off for economic reasons. :) That was in 2004, haven't worked since.

Know as for getting to 100% from 90, I can't tell you anything. Probably have to hammer on getting an increase in something.

Good luck!

• HadIt.com Elder

Izzy: if your other problems are service connected, get a nexus statement from your doc stating so and start filing for them. When you get enough 30%, 40%, and 50% ratings you'll eventually hit a combined 95% rating, which rounds up to 100%. There are vets who are 100% and still work, but it hits a raw nerve around here, because the majority of us are far beyond working any more because of our sc'd disabilities and it is so hard to get the VA to award a 100% rating.

90%, TDIU P&T