Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Website For Iraq And Afghanistan Vets Only

Rate this question

halos2

Question

www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfapr09/nf042109.htm the story is here and I logged in and saw the "New Website" and blog for them only. It is www.oefoif.va.gov I thought it was only a matter of time. The VA is trying to pit all of us against our brothers and sisters of recent conflicts. They even have a pic with vet and family at a VA in Pa and a big banner "Welcome Home American Heroes"

I remember like yesterday the terrible ways the viet nam vets were treated for many years.

It makes no sense to push anyone ahead unless their condition warrants, ie dying, severe traumatic injuries(severe amputations), blindness, etc. This is the VA doing this not our fellow vets.

For those of us who waited years and tried to "tuff it out" and now get shafted, I feel the pain. Take a number fellow vet, oh you are too old, get at the back of the line. I want to cry, but am cried out now. B)

Edited by halos2

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Since President Obama is changing all the rules maybe he should check this out and let the

the younger vets get in line with the rest of us and stop showing favoritism.

Nice idea. But doubt it.

Since President Obama is changing all the rules maybe he should check this out and let the

the younger vets get in line with the rest of us and stop showing favoritism.

Edited by halos2

The VA system is vapor-locked as usual.

They like to give us vets a reason to talk and bitch while their business goes on as usual.

Rather than fix their rather obvious problems it's more politically correct to continue screwing all veterans.

If the system was working, we would not be here.

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder

This site doesn't matter. They'll stiff these new vets just like they have us.

We need to stay together. They will need us just like we'll need them in order to make changes.

This site does matter as it brings forth to the public(esp vets) the attempts to disservice vets according to war eras. It basically informs vets to be aware how the VA attempts to pit vet against vet...we know the games they like to play and realize the fact that vets will stand along side of fellow vets and fight together for what is right for all. The vets are not putting certain groups ahead of others, the va is attempting to do this. We have all established here no game playing for us, we are bound to stay together.

This site doesn't matter. They'll stiff these new vets just like they have us.

We need to stay together. They will need us just like we'll need them in order to make changes.