VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Monitoring

Rate this question

jimlane1949

Question

This site provides fantastic information for those working on claims, however does anyone worry about the government monitoring this site. I started thinking about this when all the hype was going around about citizens being monitored without warrants. Guess I'm just a pessemist.

Jim Lane :P

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Jim,

I guess in my eyes anything I post on here is suitable for public view. I also believe that Veterans Issues specifically the inefficiency of the VA should be brought out into the public arena. I have begun drafting a letter to my congressional representative about the error rate of the Seattle VARO, and the tactic they use to shift the burden on the Vet. Like making a decision contrary to the evidence or ignoring evidence on hand, forcing you to appeal which adds time, frustration and the likelihood the veteran will stop the claim.

Also I will not make mention of the board just to ensure those who worry about monitoring, will not have something else to worry about because of my actions. This may sound contrary to my prior statements but I do respect the privacy of others.

Scott

The VA IG monitored many vet sites when they wrote a report last year that started the initial Veteran's Disability Commission-

Also some fairly new vet site says that they found many VA computers had been logged into their site-

The gov (IG) seemed to think that internet web sites were somehow telling wannabees how to get PTSD comp-

The reality is it takes medical evidence and proven stressors to get PTSD comp-it isnt easy- as you all know-

Most wannabees would never come to a vet site anyhow because you all would pick them out right away-

I think the feds might monitor some vet web sites- I almost hope the VA does- they could learn something!

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

They should get an earful of what a lousy job they are doing. This site has always been pro Veteran but is not for false claims.

I also believe the VA monitors this site. Heck as slow as they are they may be spending too much time monitering these sites and not doing their Jobs.

It all boils down to thisTypical scenario. Veteran gets discharged from service. After a few years his injuries or illnesses come back to haunt him. He goes to the VA and asks about filing a claim, Va sends him to the VA service officer. Claim gets filed. Rating office loses or cannot obtain Service medical records. Vet waits for 1 year and gets denial letter for something he didnt even file for but the SO did. ( Mistaken diagnosis) Vet gets upset and asks SO to appeal the claim. After 2 additional years the BVA remands the case back to the RO and to the VA for Examination. The Vet again goes to the VA for Examination, While he is there, Someone tells him about HADIT. Vet logs on and learns the correct path through the VA maze.

If I worked for the VA, I would monitor this site as much as I can. The VA also has disabled vets working for them. They might indeed learn something.