Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Cola For Ssd Maybe Va Comp

Rate this question

calnight

Question

I just read today in the SF cronicle that there wil be no cola for ssd and I believe for VA comp. The article said due to low inflation that there will be no cola for ssd and ss It said nothing about VA comp but guess since there is nothing for ssd then this will be the same for va comp. Also said that there will be no cola for the next 2 years and medicade or medicare will go up to 119.00 a month. Now dont take this for word just what I read today in the SF cronicle.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This most certainly can be pinned on the current administration. While the perceived costs of good and services are trending lower, the actual costs are on the rise due to increases in taxes. It is ver interesting that someone who claims to have given 95% of the American people tax cuts has, in fact, done the absolute opposite. Moreover, the pittance of a income tax break for the middle class that he gave has already been axed by Pelosi and Reed. This IS change you can believe in. At least I can believe in it, because I saw it coming, and tried to tell others.

90%, TDIU P&T

This most certainly can be pinned on the current administration. While the perceived costs of good and services are trending lower, the actual costs are on the rise due to increases in taxes. It is ver interesting that someone who claims to have given 95% of the American people tax cuts has, in fact, done the absolute opposite. Moreover, the pittance of a income tax break for the middle class that he gave has already been axed by Pelosi and Reed. This IS change you can believe in. At least I can believe in it, because I saw it coming, and tried to tell others.

[/quot

The 400 tax break I got under the makeing america work break. Well $250 dollars of it will be spent just on the new tax increase for the federal goverment on smokes taxes now the state goverment will wants another 50 cents a pack also. Forget about Sales tax increase on property taxes based on a home values and the peak of the market in 2006.

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

Any more politics and this thread will be closed. If there is no inflation which is a good thing than no COLA. I just hope that if its negative that they don't take some back

If I get the 25% Quality of Life Increase I don't care about a COLA anyway. We are supposed to hear more on that late this summer.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I saw this too. I really hurts Vets as we only get a fraction of the true percentage. 50% is really 28%.

If I get the 25% Quality of Life Increase I don't care about a COLA anyway. We are supposed to hear more on that late this summer.

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

The 25% QOL increase is a pipe dream....imo.

As far as this thread getting "political" I only quoted something from another thread....I still can't figure out where the boundaries are. I think I know, but I dare not say....I'll defer to my blog.