VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help With A Situation

Rate this question

shortpig

Question

So my VSO supposedly sent in my evidence for the claim last week. Everyone pretty much says to fire the guy and handle it myself or get a new one.

I sent him an email asking him a few questions. First question was "What day did was the pkg sent to the VARO and how was it sent."

His response to that question was. "It left my office this week."

Well I went in last week and picked up a copy of the pkg. At least a supposed copy of the pkg. It has a cover on it addressed to the VA.

I can't get a straight answer from this guy. He has become rude and abrupt. I have done nothing to deserve this treatment other than ask him to call me back or respond to my emails.

Yesterday I sent another email, one to his supervisor letting him know that I would now be copying him on all further emails to this guy then I sent the VSO another email requesting the exact date the pkg was sent to the VARO and how it was sent.

Can you believe it I didn't get a response from either one of them. Nothing, not a word.

I now fear that the pkg I picked up from them with the cover on it is the only pkg that left his office last week. It sets in my safe. How do I find out if this guy sent the pkg to the VARO or thought it would be funny to let me have without informing me of the same. Once they receive this there is nothing more for me to do at this time.

Thanks for any input you have. After this I will find someone else to assist me with this. But how do I get my claim jacket from this guy. He will no longer need it.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The good, clean innocent part of me wants to think that the poor poor VSA's are overworked and underpaid and that it isn't physically possible for them to handle their case load. The more cynical, been burnt once twice shy part of me thinks they are getting paid to delay or discourage our claims somehow.

The sweet sounding VSO guy in my area sounds like a real nice guy. He absolutely crowed over the work I did, and told me it was the talk of the west coast office - all the fact gathering this little old housewife did....but old cynical me says, why did I have to do it myself, when most of the info I gleamed for my claim I got from the VA?

As it turns out, my late vet applied for AO and was denied and he had DMII symptoms - elevated proteinuria. I just put this together last week. I will be reopening the filing for SC for that diabetes he had they never diagnosed on paper.

Go pet those little pony's in your yard, let the cat rub on your legs, get a lapful of happy dog and let their affection for you calm your nerves...and remember we are here for you.

akw

:huh: I just got back in from feeding the little horses. They are always so happy to see me come out. But ya got to love em. They are very sweet have special places to be scratched. They bicker over who is going to be petted and can't wait to get in the barn and get their food.

The girls will stand in pouring down rain waiting for me to come out and feed them even though their barn doors are always open for them.

The boys are a different story. One drop of raining they are running and screaming for the barn. Apparently we have acid rain here in Oregon and the poor little things can't handle it.

I sat down in my recliner just to relax and had one cat and two lap puppys on my lap. There is only so much room on my lap so they bicker. But it's all in fun.

Why can't people be like this. They spat but they always get along really. At the farm here life is good. Out there in the world life totally sucks. Why do I have to go out there.

Short Pig- was this something they gave you time limit to file in?

VA gives us all sorts of time limits hoping we or our reps will fail to respond in time-

If you don't trust your VSO do like I do, make 3 copies of your papers, you keep 1, send 1 to your VSO and 1 to the VA regional office

That's what I'm going to do send my own to the VA, one to him and one for me from this day forward. They still have not responded to my emails. Even the supervisor hasn't responded in anyway. I just hope he hasn't done something to screw up my claim at this point. I made copies today to so I can send one to the VARO to verify they receive it.

It must be nice to carry such an important title but actually do nothing.