Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc Fun

Rate this question

MikeR

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I had exams that were a product of my 2005 remand from the BVA, they sat around at the AMC collecting dust as they claimed that they were waiting for stressor verification to come back. I took the initiative and requested a copy for myself and then as I got mine the AMC magically got theirs. They then scheduled me for exams and the exams went pretty well, one PTSD and the other for my foot. Except the doc on my foot failed to opine if he thought the injuries that were well documented in service, and needed surgery giving me limited plantar flexion, were shall we say "Service Connected." Well the PTSD exam went so well that I now take 2 medications and of course I guess they did not like the VA examiner giving me the benefit of the doubt so I am being told by the contact in the AMC that they will be scheduling me for new exams. I also have to get more evidence myself from an agency in the Army I used to work for. I did speak to the Director of Accredidations at that agency whom informed me that the records they had on me were limited as they did not keep detailed records from as far back as the 1990's. I am so angry right now that I am afraid if I go in to another PTSD exam I will tell them how I really feel, and find myself unable to go home if you know what I mean. Ugghhhh!!!!!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, I got a call from the local clinic. Now they are telling me that I have an appointment for my shoulder, arm, hip, knee, and ankle. I have an open claim on my ankle, and get 40% disability for my arm. So what is this about?

• HadIt.com Elder

Not easy to tell except apparently they are working on your claim. Don't miss any of the appointments.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can't go home after the C&P exam all the better for your percentage. They won't keep you long. The last time I got put away resulted in an earlier effective date for my TDIU. All they care about is CYA if you tell them you are suicidal. If you stay at the VA State Farm for a few days and then tell them you no longer feel like killing yourself they will cut you loose pretty quick. Do you have a wife with your health care POA? They can release you into her hands as long as you tell them you don't feel like offing yourself anymore.

• HadIt.com Elder

No, I have an ex-wife and don't want to have her with my POA. My girlfriend does not have my POA either. I do trust her. This appointment is for my shoulder, arm, hand, hip, knee, and ankle. The only claims I have are for my foot, and PTSD. I am guessing they might want to see if they can reduce my arm which is at 40%.

• HadIt.com Elder

Went to the Appt last Wed and it seemed to have went well. I got the C&P exam copy, and it basically said the same thing as the last exam. It points to the incident with my foot happening in the Military which I hope is enough for the rater. Also the examiner points out that my foot in in 40% Plantarflexion in the neutral position with movement of 5 to 7 degrees, and the foot is dorsiflexed between 37 and 40 degrees. Now when we were in the exam room he said that I had fixed dorsiflexion. I hope that is how the rater sees it, which alludes, but does not state ankylosis which is crucial. Any thoughts?

• HadIt.com Elder

Kooks like it should help.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.