Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pilot For Expedited Claims

Rate this question

tom91

Question

I received a response from the VA today that my claim for PTSD had been received. My RO is apparently one of the offices in the pilot for expediting claims. Although anxious for a response to my claim, not sure if expediting would result at my claim being at risk for approval...?

Anyone out there experienced this or can provide feedback?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

The RO in reference to mine is in Nashville. Spoke to VA Rep today and informed that it does not create any risk it simply is an expedited process through the pilot they are participating in.

I agree with Allan. The VA interprets "expidited claims" as anything under 20 years. Expidited claims

really means that maybe your grandkids can enjoy the money..because you will be too old to do so.

Remember..as long as the VA does not pay interest on Veterans retro claims, it is in their best interest to delay the claim as long as possible.

In the 50's a home cost about $1000.

Today, a home is more than $100,000

Every year the VA can delay your claim, they make another 5% on money that is yours.

We need to stop putting up with them not paying intererst..if it was there money on the line, the claims would be paid on time.

However, since it is our money..the VA is not in any hurry.

• HadIt.com Elder

I start my 12th year at the BVA in Oct John.

A fully favorable VAMC C&P in 1997 and five IMO's since has done nothing but open the door to doctor shopping. Three of the IMO's were from Dr Bash.

Once your blackballed, it has a tendency to last.

I came to hadit.com back in 97 or 98. Memory is shot so I'm not quite sure which.

Allan

Yes, the VA does have a "black list". I thought my claim was bad because it was going on its 8 th year, until I met a man at our group section who has been trying to get VA benefits, without success, since 1973.

He showed me his original letter where the VA granted Service connection for his disabilities in 1973, and he has yet to receive any benefits (other than medical). He is obviously 100% disabled, has braces on his legs and uses a motorized scooter to get around.

Even with his 1973 letter, and even with congressmen involved, his claim is delayed year after year, , decade after decade. They have "lost" his 1973 letter, and lost copies of it he has sent

at least 3 times. They have also said the 1973 letter was "in error", but dont acknowledge its existence!

This Veteran cant afford a computer, and is not well versed in the "booby traps" of VA claims.

This Veteran is aging..and his retro would be larger than a half million. The Cleveland RO has made it clear: Rather than admit their mistakes, they are going to disgrace this Veteran by delaying his benefits, 4 decades or more if necessary, until his death.

• HadIt.com Elder

MTSkull an early Hadit Member and Kim had a claim that he finally won after Kim hired an attorney as a third party something that VA fixed so that Veterans still were denied access to attorneys. Thank goodness it is fixed now, I have known either personally or about Veterans who have won claims that were fought over 20 years. What is really bad about many of these claims is usually the Veteran is not able to pursue their own claim.

Yes I believe that the VA has blacklisted Veterans for some reason or another.

Josephine a Hadit Member is another example of a Veteran who had to fight for many years.

Allan is another that distresses me. The VA should not do this to anyone.

I am seeing changes in VA but it has been slow. I hold Democrats for not making the VA do the right thing on Lawyers as for many years they did anything the VA wanted. Republicans were even worse. The VA used to call their own shots but not so much anymore.

Lets hope for better days

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.