VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Turned Away At Mental Health Walk-in!

Rate this topic

Update...

Still feeling like crapola. Some really ugly stuff going on in my head, I don't want to trigger anyone, so I'll just leave it at that.

I did e-mail the lady in Washington DC about my cardiology stuff to let her know I had my records finally, and I told her what happended with the mental health clinic. She's not happy. She is looking into it.

I told her I sent an IRIS complaint about it already and included the fact that the pt adv never replied to me despite my several calls and her several promises...I said this is why I usually bypass that office because they are useless; and this was a prime example.

I also had a Gyn appt on the base today and the women's clinic at the VA *still* has not sent all of my records over to the base....it's been months since they were told to do that by this lady in Washington DC. Filled her in on that as well. I had to have some biopsies today. Now I'm hurting like hell.

I just truly need to be put out of my own misery......

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John,

while that is most likely what i need....that would make me worse.

locking up a woman vet who has PTSD due to MST with all male vets is nothing more than cruel and unusual punishment. i know, i've had it done to me many times before. i've been groped by male pts, stalked by male pts, it's horrid and not a "safe" environment. when i told the nurses and docs, they did nothing.

this is how many women vets are really being treated by the VA. this is the ugly truth.

this is what the VA does to us.......and then wonders why.

So true....something I've been trying to do for years.

I believe at the last ranking of VAMCs, Dayton was either the 3rd or 4th worst in the entire country!....They are indeed living up to their sorry reputation.

Something someone else posted in another thread made me think why two of the other male vets were probably seen and I wasn't.....they were obviously OIF/OEF vets!! I say this based on their age. The other male vets were older, so not sure what was up there....but yup, never thought of that until now. Neither of those two had to wait more than 5 minutes.