VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security= Severe Economic Loss ?

Rate this question

rgero311975

Question

if i am on social security disabilty how does this reflect at a c and p exam? I know that alot of the higher % in thier decision always mention work days or hours lost in the examiner notes... ok so if i am on disability how does this reflect on my award letters? i have a c and p exam soon and they always ask me how many days i miss bc of my condition.... any advice on how to approace this? i have a friemd and he was denied a higher rating bc of no miss work or impact on his employment.......please help me.. thnak you

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Make sure you mention to the C and P examiner that you are on social security disability, but also do your homework and find out why. It should be on your SSD decision. If you have been awarded SSD because of a service connected condition, that should make things easier for you. Be sure to spell it out for the VA, and send a copy of your SSD decision.

However, if you are on SSD for a condition that has NOT been SC'd, then things will be harder. Have you applied for Service connection (from the VA) for the same condition that you are receiving SSD for?

You still have to provide a Nexus. (No its not a car). If you feel that your SSD condition occurred while in military service, be sure to tell the examiner this, and why you think so.

As far as work days missed...yes this is important,but only if you have missed work due to your SC condition(s).

The following things will help greatly:

-Copies of your time cards/pay stubs showing actual hours missed to include any LWOP.

-A letter from your supervisor and/or any other higher up office personnel who can attest that your frequent absences due to illness have caused a problem at work.

-A letter from your current and any former therapists and psych docs about how they believe that it is detremental for you to continue working (only if that is indeed true, if that is what you want...and if you have the medical evidence to back it up).

Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are collecting SSDI, you are "unable to work" If you are working, the work will result in loss of SSDI, and a possible repayment obglation, unless there are very specific conditions involved.

So the C&P answer, based upon total disability, (the general requirement for SSDI), is that you cannot work, so you miss all days of possible work. If you are asking to devide SC'd and non SC'd disabilities, and try to say that you missed work so many days because of one, and so many days due to the other, I believe that you are getting into playing a VA game that is likely to your detriment. If you are 100% disabled, and the SC'd condition contributes a significant portion of your disability, the general language is such that the percentage of one to the other is a so what. There are some interesting details concerning SSDI applications and the VA, which the VA likes to ignore.

There is a law on the books concerning claims before one, SSA for example, are a claim before the other. The VA likes to/ does ignore this, in order to use a later EED.

if i am on social security disability how does this reflect at a c and p exam? I know that alot of the higher % in thier decision always mention work days or hours lost in the examiner notes... ok so if i am on disability how does this reflect on my award letters? i have a c and p exam soon and they always ask me how many days i miss bc of my condition.... any advice on how to approace this? i have a friemd and he was denied a higher rating bc of no miss work or impact on his employment.......please help me.. thnak you

• HadIt.com Elder

If your on SSD, you can't be working, unless your on the SSD Go Back To Work program. When you go to your C-P at this point, the work question may be very limited. Believe me the examiner will find out if your on SSD, if they don't allready know. Best I can tell you is have your ducks in a row.

t&b

ok... so how would you get 50% on migrains if you are on ssa or ssi? since its based on frequency,duration, and econmic loss ???will a ssa person be sucked at 30% since thier is no losss of econmic's due to they dont miss work bc they dont work?