Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Violated My Pain Management Agreement

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Rentalguy

You should not have to go cold turkey on the darvoset. If you want to taper off and can handle the pain then all right. The non-narcotics may not work for. I think I would quit fighting with the VA and go to a private pain doctor to get my narcotics. I bet they won't pull all this crap on you. Pain meds are cheap because they are all generics.

• HadIt.com Elder

Got a feeling that's what's gonna end up happening, John. A interesting side note, though. I saw a story on the local news tonight that told a new state law that went into effect 1 july. Apparently, if I go to a private doc now, and I do not tell him about this incident, and I seek a narcotic, I go to jail if he finds out. This region is the worst in the country for prescription drug abuse. They sure make it tough for the ones who really need it. I didn't hear anything from the PCP today,either. If I don't stop stewing over this, I have a feeling something bad may happen.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hmmm....I would tell the private pain doctor about all your problems with the VA. Let him prescribe something for you. I don't think you committed some horrible crime by not peeing in a bottle on demand for the VA. The private doctors don't require that. I bet they will be glad to get your business. What the state is looking for is people who doctor shop to buy load of drugs in order to sell them. Those guys are easy to spot. We are not in that category.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am going to a private Doc my hydrocodone that was due July 7th is still not here.The yo you effect is really starting to bug me.

Bad scene all the way. I have been getting my pain meds for yrs from private dr's. Fentanyl, hydro's and tyl#3. VA has never given me anything except a few tyl3's yrs ago...then stopped.

They would not order hydro's or fentanyl either so I continue to get them from private dr. I feel for you...pain is more than subjective!!

First, let me say I never do drugs (except what my doc prescribes) and I very rarely drink alcohol.

Last Friday I had a ortho appt for my knees. After that, I had labs scheduled for liver function, cholesterol levels, etc. Between the two appts I stopped by the restroom because I was about to bust. Then, when I show up at the lab, they tell me I have to give a urine sample for a drug screen. Well, I told them that I had just went, and couldn't give them a sample now. They told me to drink some water and hang out until I could. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but my in-laws were visiting from Austin, TX last week and we had plans for the rest of the day with them. They were sitting at my house waiting on me get back from the VA. So, I told them I didn't have 2-3 hours to sit around because of the plans we had. I asked them if I could re-schedule and they told me to call the appt line and set it up. I tried that on the way home, but 30 minutes later when I arrived at my house I still hadn't got a human on the line so I hung up.

Fast forward to yesterday. I called the appt line again, and set up my labs for this morning. I show up at the check in desk this morning and I am told that no labs are scheduled and that I am flagged for violating my pain management agreement. Well, it's not a complete surprise. So I call to set up an appt with my new PCP to get this straightened out and I am told that it is rare that they reinstate a pain management agreement after it has been violated, but it is up to my PCP. The nurse on the phone also said that I was supposed to get a phone call the day before informing me that they were doing a random drug screen. I never got a call, and would not have used the restroom between the appointments if I had.

This is frustrating as hell, because I am not a freakin junkie or a alcoholic. I just had a busy schedule that one, single day (usually I am totally free to do whatever). Has anyone had any experience in this arena? I am about to blow a major gasket. :angry:

• HadIt.com Elder

I called VA and they said Fed Ex had it since July 8th. Someone is lying

Meds by mail suck