VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean? Good Or Bad?

Rate this question

c&p man

Question

this is from a award letter from a c and p exam.. Service treatment records from june 7,1993 to 1996 show treatment for right ankle pain. VA examination dated march 31,2009 finds a current strain of the right ankle wiht flexion from 0 to 30 degrees. Examiner notes pian wiht plantar flexion. the examiners opinoion is that, due to lack of chronicity of treament, the current strain is less likely than not related to treatment in service. Service connection for right ankle strain is deniend since this condition neither occured or was cuased by service.

Ok happen in service and thier is a current strain? i do have a bone spur on my heel now...my left ankle and heel are sc... what does DUE TO LACK OF CHRONICTY OF TREATMENT MEAN? does this mena they think it might be like a acute sprian and if i show medical eveidence of treatment from now on that it will be sc?

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You must be able to show that there is a connection between the current strain and the one that occurred in service. Otherwise, they are saying that while a strain do exist, it has nothing to do with the prior strain that occured during your service.

how can i show a connection? i mean it happen in service and thier is a current strain now....that simple... are you meaning i have to get a imo that in his opionion he thinkg\s that atleast as likely as not ? and show some treatment from now on?

Just edited my last post. Don't worry about that, they acknowledged that you had an in service condition, and a current condition and you are service connected for your left heel and left ankle. I am not a doctor but my thinking is if you have a condition on the left side of your body it can very much effect the right side of the body example bad knees, or feet a person may overcompensate the condition when walking or balancing. Just his opinion will do and for him to state he reviewed you medical records.

Edited by pacmanx1

Just edited my last post. Don't worry about that, they acknowledged that you had an in service condition, and a current condition and you are service connected for your left heel and left ankle. I am not a doctor but my thinking is if you have a condition on the left side of your body it can very much effect the right side of the body example bad knees, or feet a person may overcompensate the condition when walking or balancing. Just his opinion will do and for him to sate he review you medical records.

they are trying to tell you secondary your right ankle due to your left ankle and hell sc condition... that one way and a very good one..also you can try to get it sc and also secondary at the same time...read up on bva cases they do it all the time or call 1-800-827-1000.. and the due to lack of chronicty of treatment is like they said 1996 till now nothing...this was easy for thme to denie u..you have to show longer treatment and stuff for like 6 moths or longer and get a dr to give a opion on it....take you smr and show them to him and ask him if he would write something that either your left ankle casued this or your right ankle was incurred in service

they are trying to tell you secondary your right ankle due to your left ankle and hell sc condition... that one way and a very good one..also you can try to get it sc and also secondary at the same time...read up on bva cases they do it all the time or call 1-800-827-1000.. and the due to lack of chronicty of treatment is like they said 1996 till now nothing...this was easy for thme to denie u..you have to show longer treatment and stuff for like 6 moths or longer and get a dr to give a opion on it....take you smr and show them to him and ask him if he would write something that either your left ankle casued this or your right ankle was incurred in service

i see that it seems like i have to get imo for secondary my right ankle to my left,or get a imo stating that my current strain is related to my service strain...? since i did not have treatment since service...

i see that it seems like i have to get imo for secondary my right ankle to my left,or get a imo stating that my current strain is related to my service strain...? since i did not have treatment since service...

c&p man,

I think you'r missing a point and changing some wording.

You first posted,

"Service treatment records from june 7,1993 to 1996 show treatment for right ankle pain."

Now your changing it saying,

"stating that my current strain is related to my service strain".

carlie

I do not believe you can claim a strain as a chronic condition just as I said earlier you are already service connected for your left ankle and left heel which could very much cause you to have the current pain (strain) in your right ankle. Forget the right ankle service strain and the lack of continuity for now just take all this information to your podiatrist and ask him/her to write you a statement as to his/her medical opinion that your left ankle and heel conditions could cause you to have a right ankle pain or sprain. He/she would need your SMRs, the VA letter denying you Service connection and your current records that he/she has to give his/her opinion