Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I've Got A Couple Questions

Rate this question

samclemmons

Question

I received a decision on a few things but there are discrepencies.

The first:

Under the "Decision" section:

Service connection for chronic strain right ankle is granted with an evaluation of 0 percent.

Now, under "Reasons for Decision":

An evaluation of 10 percent is granted for moderate limited motion of the ankle.

The second:

Under the "Decision" section:

Service connection for chronic right hip strain is granted with an evaluation of 10 percent.

Under the "Reasons for Decision":

An evaluation of 10 percent is assigned from (date of claim).

An evaluation of 10 percent is assigned for limited adduction of the thigh with inability to cross legs. An evaluation of 10 percent is ALSO granted for limited rotation of the thigh with the inability to toe-out more than 15 degrees. A higher evaluation of 20 percent is not waranted unless the record shows abduction of the thigh is lost beyond 10 degrees.

Those are the two things I think they goofed on. The first is pretty obvious. The second seems, at least to me, that the percentage should be 20 percent. Yes?

What do I do to correct these things?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Five Ten Percents plus 90% equal 100%

I have felt that low ball rating hurt a proper rating in the long run. I dropped several claims to help expedite my claim against my SO's advice. Another good thing for me in the end.

I withdrew Tendinitis Claim, Hearing and hemorrhoids all documented in my exit physical. I did get 30% for flat feet. One day I will tell y'all the story on that one.

Just my opinion.

There is something called a request for reconsideration if you feel there is a clerical error. They may even fix it.

That's what I'm talking about, thanks bronco!

I understand the VA math. The way it stands now I have 6 10's... 50% If they fix the errors I'll have 6 10's and a 20... 60%. That's what I was awarded so that's what I want. Then I'll deal with the NOD for what they mistakenly denied... :D

I had some math errors corrected by VA in a very short period of time-less than a month.

I didnt file NOD on the math errors,some years ago- I just wrote to them and told them that I thought their Math was wrong and why.

Years prior to that I also filed a CUE claim on a Math error.

The check was in the mail in 3 weeks.

Errors like this usually go to their finance department and should be kept separate from your other issues.

We all need to go over retros and the percentages-and what money they send us. I think VA funny math stinks and is just one more way to skim off some cash.

Sam

Yes, take Berta's advice: Write them a letter explaining their math was off and why you think so. You have nothing to loose, and you can always file a NOD later, but make sure the NOD is filed BEFORE the year is up..DONT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST DAY..file the NOD a month early, then file it Certified Mail Return Reciept Requested as the VA has a tendency to "loose" documents that benefit the Veteran.

• HadIt.com Elder

Testvet

I have a 70%, 60% and five 10%'s with bilateral factor in four of the five 10% ratings. I still come up with 90% and IU. Since I will never work again that is ok with me, but I somehow think I should be at 100% given the bilateral factors on both feet and both hands. The only thing is that the 60% rating is not a permanent rating, so it could change up or down. If it changes up I will be looking at the world from six feet under the surface. That whole issue could just go away. It is a heart issue. I am thinking about a heart MRI or CT scan. Even if I pay for it myself I would like to know if I have a blockage. The VA won't do it. Just the stress echo.