Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Brown Envelope Today For Iu

Rate this topic

iraqx2

Good news!! The VA have approved my claim for IU effective Jan 1st, 2009. The letter states Individual Unemployability granted due to disability, veteran will be paid at 100% rate. I am so relieved and feel a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I kept on " writing and fighting " since I got out in 2004. I want to thank everyone at Hadit for the valuable information and their sincere care for other vets.

My claim was filed on May 1st ( two weeks after they finally increase my rating to 80% in April ). So the process took two months. The claim was also done thru the new expedited claims program. I did all the paperwork by myself and only use my VSO to sumitt my documents. When the last time I went to visit my VSO in the VA's Regional Office ( only 20 miles away ), I had an unscheduled and brief encounter with the actual rater who had my file in his hand while I was discussing my case with my VSO. I eye balled him and told him that I would be grateful and IU would relieve some of my hardships that I was going through. Bottomline, I am not working and can't land a job.

The did not mention other benefits because it stated that future examinations will be required. Oh well, that would be my next chapter to work on. I will also forward the award letter to my state's disability agency, who is collecting evidence for my SSDI claim.

I hope retro will go in soon, I would love to take my kids to the beach and finally afford the gas to do so. :D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, that was indeed a quick turn-around! I'm happy for you!

Happy days are here again. Get a letter from your doctor saying that you condition is static and ask for reconsideration for permanent and total.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hooorrrayyy Iraqx2, I am standing on my head for you~! Ya done good, glad that you can provide for your young ones. You are very fortunate, and I believe you got whats due you for now, dont you?

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use