Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fee-basis & Mandatory Records Release

Rate this question

purple

Question

I received a call today from a lady at the Dayton VAMC who told me that it is mandatory that I sign Records Releases for cardiology and gyn before she will authorize any payments on any bills...even the bills that have already taken place!!

WTF!!!

In her msg (which was quite nasty), she said that if I refuse, I will have to pay all of these bills out of my own pocket!!

Now, I don't have a problem (obviously) with the civilian docs having my VA medical records....however, we all know how our VA records are. Within the medical records there are mental health records...how do I know what is being sent to them? I don't. I don't trust them to send only cardiology records or only Gyn records.....and......I've never had to do this before when I've seen civilian docs.

Anyone else been threatened like this?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that what they are "trying" to say is that the Stupid person at the VA will contact the outside gyn and the outside gyn will contact you for your appointment.

And, then they are saying that the outside gyn will provide you with all the labs, etc, that he/she wants done, and that you will then bring the outside gyn's requirements for labs, x-rays, etc, to the VA for the VA to complete.

Then you need to contact your VA Primary doc.

convoluted care, but, care, nonetheless.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph