VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Evidence Missing From Decision

Rate this question

bigoc

Question

I received a decision on my claim for TBI at 40%.  The problem is my neuropsychological exam I submitted from a private doctor was not listed in the evidence section or mentioned in the narrative of the rating letter.

My question is should I just resubmit the the exam or do I need to file a NOD?

The exam is pretty substantial.  Would fetch at least a 70% if not total rating under the TBI criteria.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Send a copy and ask why its missing. If it were me I would go to the VARO and talk to someone face to face.

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA has possession of this doctor's report and the information is not redundant or irrelavant then I think it is an error not to include it. The VA has a responsibility to examine all evidence in a claim before they make a decision. To me that would be the basis of an appeal.

Thanks for the help.  I am only a few days into this decision.  Rating decision is dated 26 June, so I have time.  I will do as suggested with sending a letter.  Should I put it on one of those 21-4138 statement in support of claim or is that not necessary?  Sorry about the basic questions I am quite a novice at this.  I am not sure if a letter of reconsideration goes on a certain form.

No Special Form-

I just advise putting Reconsideration Request in CAps on the letter -make sure you refer them to the initial code on the decision.(the initials and numbers in re: on the right hand side.

This request will not stop the NOD clock but-

it has to raise significant and material evidence they ignored.

In the schedule of ratings here at hadit are the ratings for all the residuals that TBI can produce.

Also the fairly new TBI C & P of 2007 also has to be followed to properly identify and assess TBI residuals.

If the Neuro report covered residuals directly due to your TBI and are not part of the overall rating yet match residuals to the degree that you should have gotten higher rating-

a Copy of this report as well as a copy of the specific rating schedules as to the ratings (it might have came with your decision)

should be referred to in the recon request to ask them for a proper rating based on all of the evidence.