Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Sent To Washington, Dc !

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

Haven't been on Hadit for several months. Please forgive me if I am beating a dead horse, but can someone tell me approx how long my claim might be stuck in Washington DC. Is there an area on Hadit that I can research this subject. My claim was sent to Washington in January 2009. I originally filed my claim in June 2006. :angry: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My claim has been sent to the BVA in Washington. The letter was dated 2/24/09. It states that my local RO sent me a letter stating that my VA file had been forwarded to the BVA in Washington. I don't ever recall receiving a letter from the RO in Oakland. Would it do any good for me to call the BVA to check on the status of my claim? And how would I find out if they have received any new evidence that I had submitted to the RO in Oakland?

Brian

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

My claim has been sent to the BVA in Washington. The letter was dated 2/24/09. It states that my local RO sent me a letter stating that my VA file had been forwarded to the BVA in Washington. I don't ever recall receiving a letter from the RO in Oakland.

The RO in St Petersburg, FL. also negated to send me this letter.

Would it do any good for me to call the BVA to check on the status of my claim?

Contact BVA at 202-565-5436. I would ask them for my docket number

and do a status check.

And how would I find out if they have received any new evidence that I had submitted to the RO in Oakland?

You will most likely have to specify the date on that evidence and what it says to them.

This would be something they could not answer right away as someone would have to go

thru your file and I kind of doubt they will do it.

You can continue to submit evidence --

so I would submit anything you feel BVA may not have in the record.

Also, anything you submit to BVA be sure to sign and submit a Waiver of RO Consideration.

carlie

Brian

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Haven't been on Hadit for several months. Please forgive me if I am beating a dead horse, but can someone tell me approx how long my claim might be stuck in Washington DC. Is there an area on Hadit that I can research this subject. My claim was sent to Washington in January 2009. I originally filed my claim in June 2006. <_< Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

My crystal ball says 1 - 3 years.

That is of course if you do not submit anything additional to BVA.

If you do submit additional information even to just clarify something

such as what issues are on appeal - then you can start adding more

time before a decision will be promulgated.

And since your appeal is at the BVA - chances are quite high the claim

will be remanded to either AMC - the RO or both.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

1-3 years sound just about right for the BVA decision. The decision may be a remand back to the VARO. This can easily add another year to get another decision. You may not like this decision so you appeal it. Now you are off to the races again hopefully adding new evidence. You might be able to break this cycle by trying to win your claim at the VARO if it gets remanded back. You could go to DRO with new evidence. You should add new evidence if you can to just overwhelm them. I guess this might modify your effective date but you want to win in your life time. The BVA, Remand, BVA cycle can just kill a man.

• HadIt.com Elder

Go to your VARO and look at your C File. If the letter is not there than report the bastards for destroying evidence to VAOIG

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.