Rate this question

carlie

Question

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The "Bonus Army", where the United States Army turned it's guns on the United States Army veterans.........something to be really proud of!

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

I haven't seen any pics of the tractor and Matt, but I hope his, has a cab with A/C. Driving an open tractor all that way would be a challenge in itself. If he is driving an open tractor, donations of sunscreen, hydration pack, water, would be essential. I doubt he will swing by my area, as it would be out of the way. I'm suprised the media has not been documenting this to champion the cause. I suspect that will happen before he gets to DC.

t&b

" In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a Congress"

- John Adams

I sent an email of encouragement and support to the person keeping the updated web site and this is his response.

"Thanks loads Carlie, Please ask your readers to contact national media outlets and urge them to cover this story. That is going to be a key to Matts success."

I think I'll send Robin Meade at cnn - morning express an email and link to this tractor story.

After all - every morning she does a salute to the troops so maybe she'll bite on this.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie, Robin Meade may "salute" the troops, but she, and her network are not going to ever voluntarily mention the troops that get shoved to the wayside AFTER all the glory is gone. That makes for not-so-patriotic a news story.

Sorry.

But, you'll never see it on national news in the AM. I've got a $10 bill that says so (if I loose the 10 bucks, I'll send double the amount to "Wounded Warriors", happily).

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Larry,

I spoke with his buddy and they too are concerned with whether or not they will stop him

before he gets to his goal.

tagand bag,

YES - the tractor cab has AC.

If no one can tell -- I want this vet to make it to the front steps !

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.